Y&R: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess sometime in the 00s - I seem to remember most of the guys on the show through the 90s having good bodies.

I don't necessarily need guys to have great bodies, but generally it's sort of a worst of both worlds for me with Y&R - I don't see a ton to be attracted to in terms of physical specimen or in charisma in recent years. Although I do think the guys they've brought on in the last year have been a change from this. I'm mostly speaking up to the MAB years.

• Members

I never thought I'd say this but please kill my favorite character, Sharon. I'm over her being the town hooker and constantly going in circles. Giving her bipolar disorder was waste, and JG ain't worth sh-t. Effin' liar and hack. Sharon being strong my ass! She clearly is written too strong b/c she's written like she's open 24/7 like 7-11. Maybe if he'd stop trying to put Avery, Dylan, Chelsea, and whomever else over and put some work into Sharon and others, he wouldn't be given his new title, hack. Until I see changes and improvements, he'll be referred to as such.

• Members

Where's Lorraine Toussaint? Sharon was supposed to be ramping up her sessions and we've yet to see an appointment.

Growing up watching ATWT in the 80s with Dr. Michaels, they at least took it seriously when someone was in therapy.

The patient didn't always heed the Doctor's advice but at least we saw regular sessions and people actually kept appointments.

Sharon's bi-polar, we should be seeing her in session with her doctor.

Then again, Nikki is only seen flirting with her Doctor these days.

We don't really see either woman managing their illnesses. Why give it to them in the first place??

Someone at Y&R needs to crack open a medical journal or go to Web MD and get some insight into how to write a character who lives with a medical condition.

• Members

I remember a time when MTS was called "Miss Piggy." Y&R pretty much represents Hollywood. Actors are held to a much different standard than actresses. Hence, the bad plastic surgery, botox, facelifts, etc. That's just the way it is. Guaranteed that if the Y&R men weren't handsome in some sort of way, they'd be history - it's not all about the bod. (One exception - a certain recast of arguably one of Y&R biggest sex symbols.)

• Members

Uh ohm looks like Sgharon might have screwed with the 2md dna test and the deloded shicjk/Sharon fans are goin nutso LOL!Dont know if I believe it it but it might explain jher non reaction after hearing Nick confess it at Cassie's grave and that random scene of her and Nick bunpimg omtp each pther right outside the DNA lab with Nick holding the test, and her new obsessopm with Nick!

• Members

Uh oh looks like Sharon might have screwed with the 2md dna test and the deluded Shick/Sharon fans are goin nutso LOL!Dont know if I believe it it but it might explain jher non reaction after hearing Nick confess it at Cassie's grave and that random scene of her and Nick bunpimg omtp each pther right outside the DNA lab with Nick holding the test, and her new obsesson with Nick!

• Members

I love it how Phyllis is being called out for choosing Nick over her daughter and Jack.

Griffith would, though, make the biggest mistake yet if he makes it like Sharon had switched the results.

This coming from someone who likes both Phyllis and Sharon.

• Members

Why, she is bi polat, she has a gree pass LOL. Also didnt Sharon also overhear Nick tell Phyllis he wouldnt change anything bout how Summer came into this worl for anything; Sharon at the grave crying about being an outsider looking and how she hated it and thats why she did what she did is def suspect umo.

Archived