GH: Week of May 27 Discussion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't like neithher Sonny or Jason but Franco was a mentally ill person and now they're trying to brong him back and he is like "Wait Sam I disnt rape you here's the tape!" And "Wait Michael I didn't tell Carter to rape you here's the tape!" The hypocrisy of some people on other boards and Twitter who were once praising Carlivati for sidelining Sonny and Jason are the same ones defend ing this because "Sonny and Jason did it". It isno better. Franco was meant to be a short term demented character but like in RC fashion he is going to tell us whay we saw on the screen was wrong and we nee DC to shut up and accept it.

Just like Ford went from not having sex with Jess, to havong sex with her when they wanted a WTD and then all of a sudden Tess was the one sleeping with Ford and she wanted it. :rolleyes: RC is sick anc seing his behavioron tTwitter i can't believe I was ever a fan of his.

• Members

And what makes this worse is that Franco's return isn't for story purposes it is to shoehorn an actor right back into the middle of the show while half of the current cast who have been loyal to GH for years are sitting on the sideline with little or no story. We went from one holy trinity to another. I just f-cking can't.

• Members

ExceptGame of Thrones would have at least had a 20 second scene about the repercussions.

Ugh and then today with the Michael mess. I am sure Ron doesn't want us to be won over by FracoTodd yet (but he will soon) but nonetheless, all this stuff trvivializes rape and its affects so severely--even if thisis just meant to show Franco's messed up character, to have these long standing rape storylines (most of which were poorrly done and offensive in the frst place) and then to be told that you weren't raped, or the person you thought caused your rape really didn't, etc, are frankly stories I don't think soaps should tell--they're irresponible to their audience--particularly when the writer isn't even remotely up to the task. Nobody should have to deal with something like that, come to terms wih it and then feel that they got the details wrong, or it never even happened, and somehow that should change things.

I think they've just made this Franco, in his own slightly butnot really different way, just as hopeless and irredeemable a character as old Franco (which by some small horrific miracle makes him far worse to work wih htan Todd ver was, even.)

• Members

Exactly! This is so far from being about the story because FRon don't tell those. If Todd 2.0 is to become the central character of this show, we have to make him palatable because sociopaths aren't romantic leads!

Exactly! This is so far from being about the story because FRon don't tell those. If Todd 2.0 is to become the central character of this show, we have to make him palatable because sociopaths aren't romantic leads!

• Members

I ultimately really disliked the Following (which is too bad, I tend to cut Kevin Williamson a lot of slack) but even with its issue problems, tis sn't the same thing remotely. They didn't try to make people who remorselessly killed and raped romantic leads, or tell the audience after years that they only pretended to do those things or ccidentally caused a rape so they're really not that bad

• Members

I think ti was the first one they delved into in any detail (though, from what I remember, and I wasn't watchinguh, GH hemmed and haweed about even if it was a rape for a long time.) But I know back in the 70s an implied male rape happene on Love of Life (according to Schemering's book--I think it may have eve involved Chris Reeves' character) and I believe Y&R and AMC have implied it as well.

It did seem weird for it to be brought back up the same week as it's become an issue on DAYS.

• Members

The Following is one of the worst shows I've seen in years.

It's not even shocking or disturbing, really. It's just boring and incredibly dumb. What a waste of Kevin Bacon - and Kevin Williamson, whose Scream 4 is probably the best film he ever wrote.

BTW, Eric, check your PMs.

• Members

Its ridiculous that Michael stood there and told everyone about his rape in front of everyone. I thought SK did a good job today

Luke's doctor is pretty cute

Rylan looked like Hayden Paniterre today in her flashback

"No Jason saw what I wanted him to see" WTF, he has a recording to retcon everything away? This reminds me of this sh-t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5du-YAwvjE

• Members
well Rylan did play the same character Hayden played on GL

and wow Laura Wright is comparing what Franco did to the LnL rape on Twitter; don't tell me LW wants Franco and Carly to sleep together

well with that video at least we know Jack Manning didn't kill anyone

• Members

There are no words for today's show.

Absolving Franco of Sam's rape is one thing as that was always left open ended. But this crap with clearing him of Michael's rape? BULLSHIT! Oh, my bad... poor misunderstood Franco. rolleyes.gif

This is disgusting and insane. I hope ratings hit new lows. Total garbage.

Archived