GH: Week of May 27 Discussion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't say that! Ron will think you're complimenting him.

I like GOT. And I liked The Following too, but that doesn't mean those stories belong on GH.

I can't comment. I didn't watch. And I won't. Seen a few gifs and RH is playing it all smirky. I see people elsewhere saying if they redeemed Todd, and Luke, or if Sonny and Jason could be romantic leads and they were serial killers, they can redeem Franco and make him a viable lead. And they can. All Ron has to do is write it. And he will. And the audience will either go along for the ride or not. I think a lot of people will be surprised how willingly the audience will go along with this.

• Members

There's no doubt in my mind a siginificant amount will go along with it, and that's because it's Roger.

In all honesty, down the road, I might have to "go along" if I wish to enjoy LW and RH together, but it would be about what the 2 of them deliver and nothing to do with Todd 2.0 as I couldn't stand Todd 1.0 outside of his scenes with Carly! I'm being totally honest here.

• Members

I still can't use the reply function without everything looking like gibberish.

I think a lot of fans will go along. To use a quote from the creator of Bank of Mom and Dad and Real Belles of Jupiter Hollow, viewers are "trained." They've been trained to see this type of stuff as a fun tease, sexy, shocking.

However, I don't believe Tinkerbell is as popular with the general GH audience as a lot of those guys were, so I think you're going to have more people who just don't care.

Not that it matters, because the soap press, DC, Nellie Olsen, etc. will likely be clapping their hands louder to compensate.

• Members

Probably the only good part of this is that more people have given up on the talking point that Ron and Frank are so superior to Guza and JFP. Now I'm hearing more of, "The show's been this way for years." So we've moved from our saviors to our status quo. At least this means a lot of goats and firstborn children are safe. I'm happy.

• Members

I'll admit, I'm happy to see Lucy and Kevin (although the writing for Lucy stinks), and it was nice to have a few others like Audrey, Bobbie, Lesley back, but this whole idea of how wonderful and special the show is now, oh it's mob-free, and so on, is a joke. Oh it's less about Sonny - it was already less about Sonny in Guza's last days. The main difference is no Jason, which is fine by me, but I wish that people who are just happy because Jason is gone would say that and not act like the show is a masterpiece.

Archived