OLTL: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I'm the only one here who liked the "white girl wasted" song, LOL. I was like, now this is much more realistic and catchy than that awkward performance on AMC. I don't think there is necessarily anything more "mature" or "adult" than the network soaps though. I come from the world of Doctor Who that has always been "the children's own programme which adults adore" -- to me, true meaning and maturity in terms of exploring relevant problems, difficult issues, and morality doesn't necessarily come from having fouler language, more sex, or more graphic violence.

Liked Blair laying down the law about serving drinks to the singer, although I don't like her hands off blind eye to some other things she suspects Cutter might be doing. Also yeah, Nikki was pretty good, I'm relieved.

Loved Rama. Wish I knew enough Hindi to know exactly what she said to Natalie about Cutter.

As a new viewer, I've never seen Andrew Trischitta's acting before the web version and I've thought he's done a great job. I think it is natural to wonder why Jack came to Todd's room with some random guy. The scene could have worked just as well with him coming up to Todd's alone, finding Todd, and using his cell to call 911 later. I now think it's more stretching it to speculate that Jeffrey is bisexual though (although before the show I was hoping differently), after seeing how not into it he was that Matthew might kiss him. Still that Jeffrey/Matthew stuff could have been foreshadowing.

One of the characters will be gay or bisexual, it's just a matter of who and how soon ... This is 2013, the show is on the Web, the show is trying to be more "edgy" and reflective of society, even most of the TV soaps have gay characters, the head writer is gay, and soaps know gays make up a large part of their audience.

Nice to see Todd and Victor trying to get along before Todd got mad that Victor was leaving and Victor strangled him. I don't think it can be considered Todd's fault that Victor snapped though. No one was in the right.

I do think we're supposed to assume Drew was picked up already by Destiny. The three of them can't be *that* irresponsible ... Can they?

• Members

looks like there were some scenes cut from this episode, particularly scenes with Jack

Chris Lucente agreed. and u should have. at the very least more of him yesterday explaining his visit. it was there on the pages.

Chris Lucente supposed to be hotel clerk

Chris Lucente yes -- very odd with the editing -- there was a scene of jack with the hotel clerk prior - not sure what happened

• Members

LOL I really can't remember anything about it except that the chorus was White Girl Wasted. I hate to sound like an grumpy old man (I love a lot of "modern" music :P ) but it didn't even seem to have a hook or really a melody to me. But I enjoyed how down with it Blair seemed to be--she shoulda jumped up and joined in.

• Members

I thought it was "dancing in my van" at least the first two times and tried to imagine why anyone would want to dance in a van and how big it would have to be.If Dusky or Ducky or whatever her name is should disappear as a result of the episode reduction, I will consider that our one small victory of today.

Archived