Brenda Dickson Interview

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brenda really is crazy. How does she explain that Y&R went to #1 permanently AFTER she left Y&R? They've been number 1 for over 24 years. She's a perpetual victim who never owns up to anything. Certifiable.

• Members

I miss BD's Jill. From what I understand her biggest mistake was trying to beat someone to their own game and now she has to pay for it. I don't think she is crazier than other soap stars (or some of us) but she propably thinks that acting crazy and "eccentric" is all she can do at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

She's taking credit for reality shows???? I have seen it and it is more of a infomercial. Granted, if she had a reality show I would watch it daily. Maybe she can get on Real Housewives of Atlanta (Though she is LA based) and clash with NeNe??

• Members

When Brenda returned to Y&R in 1983 Brenda did a good job of being melodramatic but balanced that with some good emotion and straight forward dramatic performances. When she was fighting for her marriage during the time John had to contest his divorce to Dina, I think it showed she could have adjusted to the change in acting style on soaps that came around the late 80's early 90's.

Then she got sick in 1984 (and she did not look well in episodes around Jun/Jul 1984 and was off around Aug when Melinda Fee subbed for her) When she got back the balance was off, the melodrama took over more. However her more subtle style came back here and there, such as in 1986 when she got shot and was in the hospital talking about Phillip to Liz and when she recounted her past to Michael during the time Phillip was hiding at Kay's.

Then she was off sick again in Oct 1986. When she returned her performance went off the rails in to new undiscovered lands of camp. By the end she was barely looking her scene partners in the eye and somehow forgot how to act. Even during 1987 there were a couple of scenes that showed she could still hit the right note, but most of it is cringeworthy. It often seemed there were two Brenda's playing Jill.

The woman in these videos I don't recognise at all. Although she is closer to the one who left Y&R in 1987 then the one who rejoined the show in 1983.

Archived