AMC: first look at returning character

• Members

FIRST LOOK: Brooke Newton as All My Children's Colby Chandler! (PHOTO)

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/05/06/first-look-brooke-newton-as-all-my-childrens-colby-chandler-photo

Wondering how soap newcomer Brooke Newton is going to stack up to previous incarnations of Colby Chandler on All My Children? Above is a First Look pic of the blonde bombshell as Colby on the Chandler mansion set.

Will Celia (Jordan Lane Price) be able to keep Pete's (Rob Wilson) digital affections all to herself, with Ms. Chandler on her way back to Pine Valley? Keep watching the new AMC to find out!

140e008.jpg

Photo credit: TOLN

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked her relationship with Liza and Adam and friendships with Cassandra and Drew as well as her love/hate friendship with Petey. I think she had good interactions with the cast and her Colby wasn't as annoying as the others. The rest were too entitled and bitchy for my liking

• Members

She looks marginally less mannish than Natalie Hall, a.k.a. the nightmare of my life. Hopefully she works. Every single actress in the role since Ambyr Childers has been a disaster, and Childers didn't prove she was a real talent until she bolted and did Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master. (Also, she was rumored to be a bigot.)

In all seriousness, I think the addition of a Colby - and one hopes, a scheming Liza to back her at some point - will mix up the Pete and Celia story, which succeeds in the mystery area but is still flagging a bit in terms of their romance. I also hope we see Stuart and Marian soon.

• Members

She sure looks like "Colby." She looks like slightly older Natalie Hall.

The way I see it, AMC has not been able to cast a good actress in the Colby role since little Kathryn Newton. Ambyr Childers and Brianne Moncrief were very green and seemed to miss the memos on set to get an acting coach (look how much Michael B. Jordan grew under Darnell William's tutelage). Natalie Hall never adapted to the medium, and continued to act like she was on the Broadway stage with her over gesticulation and boisterous voice (ala an early Eden Riegel).

What I think all the teenage Colby's lacked the most was building a chemistry with David Canary. Robin Christopher and Kelly Ripa had a charisma with Canary. Watching the scenes of Adam and his daughters used to be heart wrenching because there was that connection. I hope Brooke is able to/is given the opportunity to build that spark.

• Members

I agree that Ambyr Childers and Brianne Moncrief were green in the roles of Colby, however Childers started to come get better during the time that Krystal gave birth to Jenny and there after. Had she been given time, I do feel that she might have grown into the role even more.

Archived