OLTL - Monday, April 29th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There isn't, apparently, fortunately. I was simply referring to the past performer and her endless foibles in grander terms as the Shenell Edmonds Situation. Because that's what it was with that actress and character, every day. For years. And a strong heroine of color needs more than that.

• Members

I loved this! I thought it actually looked professional and slick, which I didn't feel from AMC. The dialogue was VERY good and they did a good job of showcasing a variety of characters in different situations so we could get a proper setup. I was very pleased. This had me wanting to tune in tomorrow, but also feeling satisfied whereas AMC felt like not enough happened and I didn't get a strong setup. It just felt like a random Wednesday episode in the middle of it's run. I also liked OLTL starting out with a party, Dorian coming home, etc. which felt like a celebration of the return of OLTL.

Very pleased and looking forward to seeing where this show goes!

• Members

I loved the message to the fans at the end and no end credits for OLTL.

I agree OLTL's first episode was better. It looked better and felt more fast paced.

I think AMC and OLTL will likely not appeal to the same new audiences at all, AMC definitely seems more classic soap and OLTL looks more modern and edgy. I love that shows actually feel completely different, I would never want them to feel the same.

• Members

What an amazing first episode. The entire vibe of the show is fabulous. The characters are all so in character and much more 'real'.

OMG @ David's club entrance.

Todd and Blair dayumn.

I am DYING at fucked up Dani. LMAO. But she is playing it good. I liked it.

Archived