Y&R: Jeanne Cooper is very ill.

• Members

I appreciate CB sharing this in an honest, open, truthful way while respecting his mother's intimacy and privacy. It is heartbreaking to read but it also touches me that Jeanne and Corbin think highly enough of her fans to talk about this in an open and mature manner.

It reminds me that Jeanne was always a very direct, classy lady who never looked down on the Daytime industry -- or its audience.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I second this. He is doing a magnificent job at informing the general public on her status while keeping things close to his chest simultaneously. The pain and agony in his FB updates is excruciating, to say the least. Apparently his brother, well the family is facing a decision right now. and that decision is hurting so badly.

• Members

From Victoria Rowell on Twitter.

Victoria Rowell ‏@victoriarowell 13m

A special lady & great Native American actress @BravoMaxine: RIP Jeanne Cooper (1911-2013) Dead @ebraeden @melodythomassco @victoriarowell

RIP Jeanne. :( This is so sad. <----added by me. Not to get it mixed up with the tweet.

• Members

My mother had surgery a few weeks ago and I'm happy to say she's bounced back like a champ but seeing her in the hospital, on a walker, etc... made me crazy. I can;t imagine what it has been like for Corbin to say this long goodbye but I'm grateful that he's let us be a part of it. I know it sounds all "internet dramatic" but I really wish I could give him a hug right now. Not just to show him my support during this awful time but to thank him for reminding me how lucky/blessed I've been recently. I was just updating Mom on Jeanne's condition today and she reminded me how much my father, who died in 1990, loved Katherine Chancellor.

Archived