Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Members

well, I would call it "season 2", the current eps end in Sept, the new batch would start early in 2014.

It's not that I didn't expect OWN to order more episodes (their low threshold alone guaranteed that), but the quality is so bad, I cringe thinking there's more to "look forward to".

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah... the 16 episode order should have been for an official Season 2.

Yeah he bragged about House of Payne had the most episodes of any black sitcom in tv history. I was like yeah dumbass because TBS ordered 100 episodes every season.

• Members

Big episode orders aren't new. Melrose Place had an average of 32 episodes per season, with the highest being 35. Back in the 50s, some sitcoms were averaging up to 38 episodes per season, hence why Leave It To Beaver ended up with 234 episodes in just six seasons.

Perry has a strong, loyal audience and his own studios, pair that with strong ratings and you get very shrewd reasoning for OWN to put in a generous episode order.

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

MP was actually good and warranted long seasons; this show is not especially with all the filler scenes they which go nowhere

i liked HoP when it started but I didn't even bother to keep up bc there were just too many damn episodes to keep track of. The actors must not get much per episode bc that would be a heck of alot Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I actually forget how HoP ended but for the most part when it first started I liked it and then when Janine wasn't on it I didn't like it, the kids annoyed me at some point then they mellowed out and then I was excited when she came back.

Now, Meet The Browns was horrid from start to finish.

• Members

But that was the fifties. Not that it matters, it's all semantics anyway. I'm just a little surprised that OWN would commit to so many episodes after airing only five. All I can say is it must be dirt cheap to produce.

Edited by P.J.