Married to Medicine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hadn't watched M2M for many years - I don't think I watched after season 2, but it's scheduling in Canada is convenient so I'm watching this season and really enjoying it.

I love how Kari is on that cast trip, mic or no mic. 

Anila and her husband...sigh. Not being able to parent and claiming you're too busy and in need of a nanny...lord help me.

Toya I've never enjoyed, so I am all for this Audra lady to get her. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I did end up jumping to last season's reunion before starting this season, which was fantastic, honestly. My default setting is pretty much Cannot Stand Quad, but in many ways she earned her spot back on the show during that reunion. Especially the way she butted into the other marriages.

I've only watched the first episode of the current season, but it is hitting the ground running already. What's interesting to me is the amount of hardcore Pretending going on in this episode. Anila & Kiran and the new not-forever home, of course. Toya & Eugene inexplicably moving from their custom mansion into a rental, with no explanation as to what happened to the old place. Contessa & RestingAngryFace Scott pretending their marriage is miraculously healed. Perhaps to keep their spot on the show? Jackie & Simone going through the old (scripted) motions of their friendship, when clearly at reunion it wasn't there yet. M2M usually sets up the pretence early on, only to expose what's behind the mask as the season progresses. I have faith the show will do so again this year.

Most exciting to me is Devilishly *finally* gettng called out on her trash-talking. Heavenly started buying into her own hype as a 'tells it like it is' chick some time ago. Throw in a big dose of insecurity (especially with regards Simone, and even her idol Jackie) and the fans online gassing her up, and you've got a recipe for confrontation and drama. Can't wait to see the 'intervention.' I wonder if Jackie will remain silent throughout or actually speak up on behalf of her champion?

Edited by Cat

• Members

Is this the scene you are talking about (below)? I'm a few episodes behind. But I love it! I've always liked Dr. Daddy Damon's genuine, quiet way. He's an introvert, but he spoke truth to both Heavenly and Contessa. Heavenly's relationship is in a precarious position. She needs to pay attention and work on their issues honestly. She always has lots to say about other marriages and how perfect hers is (reflecting her insecurities about her standing with the other women).

But Contessa needs to pipe down too. Damon did nothing except express hope that she and Heavenly work through things. I sometimes wonder if Contessa turned on Heavenly this season to distract from the shitshow and fakery of her & Scott, which hit Def Con 4 at Reunion. He hardly treats her with respect, either on or off camera.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Well, I'm a season and a half behind.

Please register in order to view this content

I feel you on that.

YES!!! That's the scene!!! My tv was still running so I saw him storming out and rewind to see what got Daddy oh so mad. Because from my viewing it never has happened. I was shocked. He was truly over Heavenly's mess. 

• Members

Taoboi, I really, really tried with Covid season. There were good moments, but the restrictions Covid imposed on filming itself took the oomph out of M2M for me. I skipped to the DC episode, then jumped straight to reunion. Reunion was FIRE and recapped a lot of what I missed. What was interesting was how long-term issues reappear and dominate, so we got Quad questioning how deep the Simone-Jackie reconciliation is (rightly, IMO), we got Simone vs Heavenly. And we have Contessa & Scott's live-on-air implosion. You are probably very much of a completist in these things (as am I), but this one time I might advise you to jump into last year's reunion, then straight into this season and don't look back.

Now, onto this season--- Heavenly's Intervention. WOW. It was both cathartic (as a viewer, obviously not for the cast) and a hot mess. I don't blame Simone, Toya and Contessa for trying to confront Heavenly with her YouTube pronouncements. It was long overdue that Heavenly account for her words -- she's gotten a pass all these years up until now. 

The thing that surprised me was Quad, Anila and Jackie still defending poor lil Heavenly after all the things she said about them. Anila proves once again that she really is a pea-brain. Quad must have her own axe to grind with Simone, Contessa and Toya to side with Heavenly (who basically called her a ho). H basically said Curtis's nose and mouth was numb from all the random ass he'd partaken, but Jackie said Heavenly talking about her husband simply did not affect her. What? HOW?

Did anyone spy when Jackie went to talk to Contessa in her bedroom, Contessa told her "You warned me about her and I didn't listen." This really made me go Hmmmm. I thought Jackie and H were best friends and had each other's back? Or are they more like... an alliance?

Heavenly's demented chihuahua laugh was insane. The intervention was a flop because Heavenly will never admit her wrongdoing and is going to play victim from here on in.

I did LOL at Heavenly blocking the driveway and Simone and Toya's cars backing up, unable to escape.

In other news, Anila & Kiran are deeply annoying. At some point, if you have the kids, you've gotta start parenting. Also, they thought they were so clever showing up Toya & Eugene at the Halloween party. First of all, they stole the idea from Nene & Gregg on RHOA. Secondly, these two talk like they're posting snarky replies on Twitter ("dry as f***" etc). It sounds really false and unfunny.

Edited by Cat

• Members

A word about Contessa so far this season. I've always found her hard to warm to, though she has some good qualities. However, she also has a deep streak of authoritarianism. My way or the highway. In some ways, it makes sense why she ended up with Scott because he's domineering in the same way, and gets intimidatory when he hears things he doesn't like.

So while she was entitled to confront Heavenly about her mouth, Contessa's inability to hear anything other than what she demands to hear (like an apology) is a problem. She can't handle pushback.

Heavenly made the point that Contessa was deflecting from her marriage problems by making Heavenly the bad guy. Probably true. Contessa & Scott have their new practice, which seems VERY heavily pitched towards Family Values and Togetherness. That branding looks hollow if both are in the midst of an acrimonious separation. So Contessa is definitely invested in pretending her marriage problems have gone away and everything is hunky-dory and a wonderful learning lesson. Look at how well that went for Lisa-Nicole & Darren.

Edited by Cat