Punky Brewster

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I always laughed about the last episode having the host of Supermarket Sweep as a doggie minister.

There was something touching about the show, I will admit. I feel that way about a lot of 80s sitcoms. Aside from Roseanne I never felt that in any 90s sitcoms, they just feel plastic.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched the cartoon too, singing the theme song in my head as I type. "Glomer!"

Do you all remember the episode where they imagined what they would be like when they were old and they all had on crap '80s old-age makeup (except for Margo who hadn't aged a bit)? The Facts of Life and Full House did similar "when we are old" episodes.

• Members

For some reason, we had 3 random Punky Brewster episodes on tape that my sister and I would watch a lot. One was I think the 2nd episode of a 2-parter story where Punky was taken away from Henry and went to live with a snooty rich family where the wife was stuck up and ran the house while her subservient husband begrudgingly went along with everything she did... until the very end when he finally stood up to her and let Punky return to Henry and divorced the wife.

We also had a Halloween episode where they do a shaving-cream-in-a-bag-under-the-door trick to an old lady living in their apartment complex that they believed to be a witch. Punky got caught, Brandon the dog ended up in the old lady's apartment, and she had to retrieve him with... Mike (was that T K Carter's character's name?) they ended up making friends with the woman after she fell and broke her hip.

And another one was where Punky somehow tracked down Mike's biological mother by accident. It was actually pretty well acted when Mike and the mom reunited in his classroom.

Random memories. That's basically all the episodes I remember other than one where Cherry gets stuck and almost suffocates in an old abandoned refrigerator. haha.

Archived