Punky Brewster

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The students made fun of her because she was slow, almost Stuart-like. In one scene, the mean kids caught her "playing" the violin with her feather duster. laugh.png Of course, Punky stuck up for her because she too was a unique individual, what with all her mismatched clothing. laugh.png

• Members

That was an episode was called "Changes." Except it was actually a 5-parter. That's right. FIVE EPISODES LONG. Punky Brewster didn't screw around when it came to multi-parter episodes! laugh.png

No she didn't. I think it was David Duclon, the executive producer of the show (and Cherie Johnson's RL uncle) who said in his interview on the first season DVD that they intentionally decided that Punky would never find her mom (Susan Brewster was her name, just as a fun trivia fact).

And like Carl said, the show ended with Brandon marrying another dog named Brenda. I don't even know, people. wacko.png

"An over the shoulder boulder-holder!" laugh.png It's so bizarre to see that, knowing how Soleil had a breast reduction just shy of 16 (and had over 4,000 stitches put in when she got it, too--OUCH). I've never seen it, but she apparently was in tears years later on Jenny Jones, when she recalled how her classmates would call her Chunky Boobster. sad.png

• Members

Here's one episode that hasn't been brought up yet:

The Perils of Punky, which is a virtual mindfuck complete with a weirdass Indian Cave. What the HELL were they thinking when they came up with THAT one?

I didn't even see it until I got the show on DVD, because when the Family Channel ran it from 1993-1996 (when I first began watching--I was ages 4-7 back then), they refused to air it. Given how weird it is, I can't say I blame them there.

• Members

I remember that episode as a kid! I used to be surprised that the show would actually do an episode like this since the show was mostly realistic. Rewatching it recently, I think it was just a ghost story that Punky was telling... though the very end makes me question if it was really a story or not.

I think every show in the 80s did something like this in one way or another that was outside the norm... I kind of miss that type of episode nowadays.

Archived