February 11-15, 2013: Bad Week For All Soaps

Toups

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never thought they would rock in 18-49 ahead of Days and GH. Bell has pulled the rabbit out of the hat considering, like ATWT, B&B was the old folks show. Wow, it is like no one 18-34 watches soaps! I feel like a freak for being so into these shows when none of my friends give a sh*t.

Y&R is not growing under the new regime. I do not believe MAB did enough damage to kill the show. Also, Y&R has DROPPED since she left. My guess is that viewers dislike the JFP vision. I like parts of the show, think JG is a fine writer, but this does not feel like Y&R. Either ES or DS should have been brought in as EP. The soap now feels like GH with ATWT prime time jumps.

• Members

She hasn't been on regularly in many years, and the last two times she came back was under the widely reviled writing regime of Bob Guza.

Luke and Laura are still the most identifiable names from GH to the person on the street, and it's not unreasonable to think that it would have helped the show for her to return.

• Members

You think so? I think you'd be surprised. But either way it doesn't contradict my point that Luke and Laura are still the most recognizable names in American consciousness from that show, and therefore it's not unreasonable to have thought that Laura's return could have moved the ratings.

Even I didn't tune in though! I'm too in love with the writing on DAYS right now and about to watch AMC online in a couple months, so I can't get hooked on GH too. DAYS needs to go up again in the ratings next week ... Been several weeks of ratings drops at this point. I think it will though!

• Members

I think the pool of people who could/would be motivated to watch any show due to a particular return is a constantly dwindling. At some point either those people just stop caring or die or they're already watching on and off. There isn't some massive group of people waiting to return if only Person X comes back. Returns are gifts to the people still watching but their affect on ratings is going to be negligible.

Archived