AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not true. If ABC can believed they can make money off of a show, they're going to air it. Have you noticed ABCD's recently press releases gushing about GH's ratings resurgence? Interestingly, there is no mention of The View, which is sinking fast. It used to be that TV was ABCD PR "centerpiece." This is a money business. ABC primetime is sinking pretty fast - just look at demo ratings on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and parts of Wed & Thur (Nashville/Wonderland), the network is not doing well.

• Members

All Im gonna say is that I wont be shocked one bit if AMC & OLTL are back in the ABC orbit again. Now will that mean ABC Daytime, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year maybe not. Maybe on ABC family as two weekly seasonal soaps. I could see it happening.

• Members

Goodness I love that girl.

She's got the right idea. Remember the good stuff and be grateful. AMC was lucky. We didn't have to deal with RC putting his greasy mitts all over Pine Valley or the lawsuit or any of that other garbage. AMC went out in style, came back in style and went out in style again.

Perhaps but I wouldn't come back for AMC on ABC.

• Members

The View was mentioned in a November 7, 2013 ABC press release - ABC Delivers its Most-Watched Week in Daytime in Nearly Two Years in Women 18-49 and Women 25-54.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11/07/abc-delivers-its-most-watched-week-in-daytime-in-nearly-two-years-in-women-18-49-and-women-25-54/214245/

The View”: (11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)

At 11:00 o’clock, The View” surged to 9 month highs in Women 18-34 (192,000/0.6 rating) and Women 25-54 (752,000/1.2 rating) and an 8 month high in Women 18-49 (602,000/0.9 rating) – since weeks of 2/25/13 and 1/28/13, respectively – placing among the week’s Top 5 programs in daytime across the core Women categories.

• Notably, Thursday’s telecast – featuring guest star Mario Cantone and showcasing its ‘Hot Topic Halloween’ – hit an over 8 month high in Women 18-49 (704,000/1.1 rating), and over 6 month high in Women 25-54 (836,000/1.4 rating) – since 1/28/13 and 4/22/13, respectively.

• The View posted across the board week to week gains, including by 13% in Women 18-49 (602,000 vs. 534,000) and by 7% in Women 25-54 (752,000 vs. 701,000).

• Members

It depends on who is in charge, the budget, the cast, etc. for me. I'd give it a chance, just like I gave PP's AMC a chance. That said, I'll be stunned if it ever happened. Some of the people on AMC facebook groups are losing their minds right now over various rumors and pipe dreams that ABC wants AMC/OLTL back, and I just don't see that happening.

• Members

If anything, I just see this solidifying in their minds that they made the right decision to cancel both shows. I don't see either show making it back to network any more than I see EON or SFT making it back to network.

Somehow I can see it having a ripple effect on other stalled web series like Steamboat and Gotham--I doubt either show will return either. At least for the foreseeable future. Has Martha Byrne mentioned a peep?

• Members

No one knows better than the folks at PP about what ultimately worked and did not work for this venture. I'd like to believe that they haven't thrown in the towel on all future straight-to-Internet series endeavors. But paying expensive licensing fees to revive cancelled series is probably not where it's at. Maybe sitcoms or soapy more self-contained dramas with smaller casts (and crews and budgets!) are better options. Perhaps fans would luck out and see some familiar AMC/OLTL faces in new roles a few years down the line. Of course having an audience already in place was a big help to AMC/OLTL, but PP has had success with their original cable series. I just hate that this all comes down to money when there's so much [!@#$%^&*] on TV that is thriving. I just hope that PP learns from and runs with what they now know, because hulu and Netflix are the future, hell, they're the present, and PP was certainly a part of the evolution. They shouldn't quit now.

Archived