AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the GH teens are fine, but anyway the show isn't revolving around TJ, Molly, and Rafe. GH is allowing them to develop with a side story like AMC should have with its green actors (or gotten stronger actors right away). GH is revolving around Michael, as a Quartermaine not just a Corinthos, but I think most can agree that Chad Duell is a strong actor.

DAYS is character-driven, emotional, mulitgenerational, and layered, with scenes that dig into characters' desires and fears (or sometimes more subtly hint at them by stating the opposite of what they really want), a community feel and good cliffhangers. Lorraine Broderick and the new writing team have done wonders with the show.

Glad you are finding the kid actors on AMC solid. The argument is about whether we should ignore any bad/wooden/stilted acting we feel there is because they're new actors and because we should put ourselves in their place like it was our first jobs.

• Members

OK, this thread's collective tIts need to calm down. Let's accept that some child actors make Charity Rahmer look like Meryl Streep....and some are the next Meryl Streep. Regardless, I choose to focus on the more experienced ones who are doing a good job (especially African-American Heroine Debbi Morgan).

If Daniel Covin improves, great. If not, toss him out.

• Members

People who used to scream that they would never watch PPAMC without Erica are now claiming that the show doesn't really need the most iconic soap character of all times. Now when someone says that something is wrong with some actors or the crazy SORASing the anwer is: relax, it's a soap, what is your problem, what did you expect?

It's a cult. Some people feel that they are part of the PP family because some executive answered their tweet or because an extra from a cafeteria scene followed them back.

The Pipi soaps are not bad. But I am would be really curious to read your comments if these episodes were shown on ABC and David Kreizman, Ron Carlivatti, Chris Goutman and JHC were in the credits wink.png

Archived