AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

IIRC, Cassandra is still Jacob Foster's adopted daughter. At some point, though, I think AMC's writers decided to retcon Jacob as Jesse-in-disguise since we have heard next to nothing about him in the time Angie and Jesse have been back in Pine Valley.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jacob and Jesse are played by Darnell Williams. When Cassandra came into the picture at around the time of Angie and Jesse's remarriage, there was mention of Jacob. Then after Cassandra left and went back to Paris (the Richie Novak case), there was llittle talk of her.

Cassandra is Jesse's step-daughter. Natalia is Angie's step-daughter. Frankie is Angie and Jesse son.

At the 40th Anniversary show, Cassandra was MIA. The finale Hubbard storyline, Cassandra was MIA. When Angie found out she was pregnant, Jesse wanted to call Cassandra but Angie said no.

• Members

I would like that better and would buy it a lot more than the stuff the show is currently peddling with these two.

Since they are bringing Colby on and she and Pete have a history and Celia is hanging around the Chandlers, the show should have gone the Dangerous Liaisons route where Colby challenges Pete to seduce young, innocent Celia, he winds up falling for her, she learns the truth, Colby realizes she loves Pete and chaos ensues.

Instead we have the pre-ordained pairing featuring green actors with marginal chemistry, which is moving at warp speed and a returning vixen who is going to serve as a obstacle to the happiness that not too many have had time to invest in.

JMO

• Members

I actually do know that my Great grandma's great great niece married my great grandma's uncle's great great grandson. My family is spread out between WV, MD, and PA, and it's pretty rural and almost everyone is related to everyone. Kinda nasty....

• Members

I dont think its quite the same bc Bianca's rape and Miranda's conception was common public knowledge. Hope's was not. That never became a scandal bc Whip stepped up to claim her as his child and he quietly ended his marriage to Brooke, without the press ever learning the truth. Hope growing up and not knowing about Deacon was very plausible. Miranda not knowing about how she came into this world? Not so much

okay you just got into Days of Our Lives territory and I can never make sense of all those family relations

• Members

THIS IS THE STORYLINE THAT SHOULD BE PLAYING OUT ON SCREEN! Pete should have been a little more ambigous from the offset, going from a geek in high school to this level of studly should have given him either one hell of an ego, or severe trust issues and a really hard exterior because he has insecurities about people only wanting to be with him for his looks instead of his personality, so in turn he womanizes and hurts others before they have the chance to hurt him. This could have been a great start for the Pete Cortlandt character in this incarnation of AMC.

Given Pete and Colby's past, a Cruel Intentions style storyline involving Celia as the pawn would have been really interesting, setting Colby up to be a young villainess and when we factor in Celia's current apparent mental instability and overbearing guardian there could have been some great repercussions for the three, as well as for Opal, Adam etc. Let's hope they go this route eventually....

• Members

yea that's true, but wasn't hope POed cuz Brooke didn't tell her? With Miranda's personality I think she will too, especially since Bianca lied to her. It's kinda unrealistic how no one has told her the truth yet though.

LOL I thought it was more Passions where Valerie [!@#$%^&*] her own dad and gives birth to her brother/child and Julian's child/brother.

Archived