AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Laura would be an interesting character to bring back. she jas been gone so long, she would come back as a different character. much like a pairing between Colby/Jamie, I think pairing her with JR would work and would add some tension to their parents' relationship.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This isn't about not wanting the actors to succeed or bashing them ... This is about wanting a good show.

Actors don't always seem green when they first come on a soap straight out of school. There are plenty of solid actors who have been good from when they debuted on a soap. The new JJ on Days and the new Morgan on GH have both been good so far. Tyler Baker (that was his name then) made an impact in 1996 and convinced right away as Prince Nikolas on GH without having much acting training I believe. On AMC, I liked Sam Page and Jonathan Bennett right away in 2002.

Besides that, it was the show's choice to thrust the newbies front and center instead of letting them develop with smaller stories first. That's not the actors' fault, but it's also not something to give a free pass to the show for.

As for Daniel Covin, I've actually found him convincing as Hunter too.

• Members

I actually think Laura would be a good choice because she is not biologically connected to the Chandlers, Cortlandts or Martins, so she has more opportunities to mix up romantically.

And yes, JR and Laura could definitely cause some friction between Adam and Brooke.

Although I think that Brooke's offer that David can't refuse will also do that somehow as well - Brooke once shot a man in the back four times at the mere mention of harming Jamie - I think she might be able to relate a little too much to Adam's liking to David pulling the trigger on JR after what happened to Marissa.

• Members

Angie went to live with Cassandra in California for a few months when Debbi Morgan had her real-life health issue during the blindness/pregnancy storyline. Cassandra was not seen on-screen though.

About David, yes the town is back to all hating on him again, which is annoying, but at least Angie is not joining in on it this time.

• Members

I think bringing back Laura now would be a good idea.

Of course, I had also believed that Tamara Braun should have been cast as Laura instead of creating a whole new character for Bianca. I thought a marriage between Laura/Bianca would have been such an easy storyline to write as all the different issues this could cause would have been evident. Hell just marrying the daughters of Brooke English and Erica Kane is a story that should write itself.

I think if you bring back Laura now, she should definitely be mixing it up with JR and Bianca. She could come back as a lawyer since there is no lawyer in town at the moment. She could be brought back to help Brooke with some legal matter involving Chandler. JR could definitely try using her to help him try to reclaim Chandler or hell maybe she and JR work together.

• Members

Hmmm...I think it is just the opposite. I dont see her relating to him. I see her wanting to keep him away from the people she loves (Adam and AJ) and the people she cares for (Dixie and JR). To that end, I think she offers him a quid pro quo along the lines of her getting his medical license back in exchange for him staying away from her family (i.e. AJ) that will make Adam love her all the more.

JMO, though.

• Members

Me neither! It's one thing to watch a performer grow into or hone her craft. As I've said before, however, there has to be something there at the beginning beyond a big butt and a smile.

• Members

And I happen to think the contract kids on AMC are all pretty solid, so I'm not sure what this argument is about. I sure as hell would rather watch them than the GH kids at the moment. And that poor boy on DAYS is stuck on a terrible show.

Archived