AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, I wished AMC had ignored the urge to do this quasi-gothic b.s. with Pete and Celia and instead told a story about naive, inexperienced Celia pretending to be older and more worldly in order to make "Playa Pete" Cortlandt fall for her with a less annoying version of Heather as her talk-to throughout the whole adventure. It would have been silly and cute and not at all creepy.

• Members

They don't have to have the exact same back stories or desires to behave similarly. Erica's bratty, needy, bitchy persona came from her daddy issues; Miranda's could come from her desire to be her own person and step out of the shadows of her mother and her mother's mother. Like Erica, she has a mother who will give in to nearly all of her whims, but also like Erica, she views this as self-serving on her mother's part.

• Members

I would love if Laura came back (and not as the mother of a teenager...), she's been gone so long and was in such a bad story before she left that she's practically a blank slate. Plus it would give Brooke something else to do other than look flustered.

• Members

I wouldn't have minded that. But I also think it's good, as others have said, to have unrelated characters on this show.

Couldn't Laura have gotten a business degree or something in the last decade and Brooke called her up to work for Chandler? Maybe her ideas would conflict with Adam's or JR's.

Regardless of how they bring her on I definitely think she'd be good for Brooke.

• Members

That's pretty good! Better yet, Laura could butt heads with Colby, a rivalry exacerbated by the fact that Adam (begrudgingly) admits Laura is more suited to take his corporation into the future than his own daughter. And JR finds favor with Laura as well, leading to an interesting triangle of sorts between him, her and Colby. Either way, a Laura/Colby rivalry at Chandler Enterprises might bring conflict and tension to Adam and Brooke's otherwise solid relationship.

Archived