AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you have any inkling how fuckin' ridiculous you sound when you say that but call anyone who likes what you don't part of a "cult?"

I have been here long enough to remember exactly how to tell you to sit the !@#$%^&*] down.

• Members

So you don't see anything insane in Cady portraying the grandmother of a teenager or the mother of a 40-year old man? wacko.png

Are they weak ass speeches only if you don't agree with them? lol

I have read several critical posts written by you over the years. Were they pathetic as well? Someone should give it a rest because you happen to disagree now? blink.png

A very wise man once said:

So your major issue if I read right is that some fans dont feel the way you do. Well they dont have to feel the way you do. Everyone is ENTITLED to their own opinion. That is why its called an OPINION.

• Members

Oh, really, be a grown up. You know that's not what I said. What I said was, it's no more or less ridiculous on PP than it was when I was dealing with the age issue between Dixie and the adult J.R.s on ABCD. It's not a new issue, and it would've cropped up on the show on ABCD in 2-3 years' time anyway. You're just pretending it is a unique problem on the new show so that you can piss and moan about your personal beef with people who like something you don't, and pretend you're being persecuted by virtue of simply posting incessantly about how you are being persecuted. They are, in fact, two different things.

No, they're weak because of the kind of cognitive dissonance I just indicated above. In this case, this long-standing issue is suddenly a big, crippling problem for you because it's the online show, and the online show is what you are really mad at. That's nice, but it's really not my problem or anyone else's. You seem intent on making it our problem by claiming everyone is shouting you down and silencing you. But it's obvious I couldn't possibly silence you if I tried.

I get it, Elsa, I do: You're pissed that you're in the minority in these threads, you're pissed at the discussion trends in these threads, you're pissed that people like something you don't and you want to make it clear that not everyone agrees. You're welcome to feel how you like. You are not welcome to tell me how I think or why I think the way I do, or why it's intrinsically inferior to your opinion and make all sorts of personal judgments because you're too insecure to accept being a minority in a thread. If I had a problem being a minority opinion in a discussion thread I would've left this shithouse years ago. I don't sit around trying to nail myself to the cross over it. Get over it.

Fonts aren't helping your argument.

• Members

The image of a woman who looks like a sexy 35 year old playing the grandmother to a teenager is something that will be discussed whether you like it or not. You have always been one of the most judgemental posters on this board, I don't get why reading different opinions makes you so upset...

I don't have a vendetta against online soaps.They are all online soaps to me because I watch from another country. There is no reason to have another online nervous breakdown.

Is there such thing as a Soap Anger Management Class? Getting mad on a Soap Board on a daily basis is... interesting :)

• Members

Cady is 44. Hell I know women in their 60s that have Grandkids in their 40's and even great Grandkids that look sexy as hell.

I wish we would stop this once U reach a certain age U aint sexual anymore or attractive Bull-[!@#$%^&*]

• Members

Elsa, you pissed me off because you've spending post after post doing nothing but talking about yourself and other people while pretending you're talking about the soaps. If you want to whine about how people disagree with you and how any kind of dissent makes you feel small and insecure, then just say so and stop wasting our time with the pretense of anything else. All I'm hearing from you is "I, me, me, you guys," and "cult." When personal attacks and blanket statements are your opening argument, why should I bother taking you seriously as though we're actually having any kind of critical discussion? You don't want a critical discussion - you want to vent about people.

• Members

OMG, please stop the madness!

Where?! Where did this happen!? When? Did it happen before or after you were all "Well, I don't think that the PP soaps are THE GREATEST THINGS TO HAVE EVER HAPPENED TO SOAPS EVERRRRRR like sooooome people think. *beat* Aaaaaaand, I don't think SWEAR WORDS make them cool either, like some people think!! But...." because people are enjoying the shows?

• Members

THANK YOU!! I stopped getting involved in petty SON drama ages ago (scratch that -- openly involved), but this is just too ridiculous. No one called her a hater or anything else for not being ecstatic about these shows, yet because I don't mind hearing the word "sh!t" on a soap, I'm a "cool kid" who's lording some kind of status over poor little her. Girl, bye.

Archived