AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Id have to pull up the scenes but I thought when Hope was SORASed, she already knew. She wasnt pissed at Brooke. She got super upset when she overheard Brooke talk to Ridge about it and mentioned that it was the biggest mistake of her life or something to that effect, which caused Hope to run out and almost get raped. I think she was fine with Brooke when she found her

Passions is its own level of nastiness that I wont even touch.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Back to the topic a few pages ago, I wouldn't have a problem with Cady as this JR's mother and AJ's grandmother IF she at least played Dix with more maturity. Instead we have her mooning over Tad's picture like he'd died and squealing like a giggly schoolgirl when he called, not to mention ignoring JR's culpability for "that night." I haven't found anything to like about her, so far!

• Members

Correction: if Hunter had been portrayed by someone with genuine talent, I would have gone the "Dangerous Liaisons" route with him, Sally and Miranda. He and Sally bet as to whether he can seduce young Miranda; in the process of doing so, he develops actual feelings for the girl; AJ discovers their plot and attempts to intervene; Miranda slaps him and tells him their sibling-like friendship is finished; she is humiliated when her "first time" with gorgeous Hunter becomes social network fodder; Hunter attempts an explanation, but Miranda won't hear it; AJ and Miranda make amends; Hunter vows to win her back; and Sally becomes the Erica of her generation.

• Members

Oh, God, not the '80's Taylor Dayne throwback Sally. Give me SOME effing credit, Vee. I would have created an entirely different, less ridiculous characterization for the girl.

Of course!

Folks, I'm talking hypotheticals. My version of the AJ/Miranda/Hunter/Sally story is no more likely to happen (especially now) than replacing Pete with AJ in the story w/ Celia and having Celia be actual student at Bramwell Hall and not whatever rewrite the writers have settled on in order to explain away Jordan Lane Price's age.

I also wouldn't have called the school "Bramwell Hall," and I probably would have made it co-ed, and have all the teens attending there instead of PVHS.

• Members

Celia isn't a tutor at Bramwell because JLP is too old to play a high schooler, she's a tutor so Pete doesn't look like a f.ucking weirdo. Now they get the best of both worlds, her running around in a school uniform and it's legal! Cookies for everyone.

• Members

laugh.png

Why "instead of"? Why couldn't you watch both? It's no different from Tara/Erica, Jenny/Liza, etc.

But as for why Miranda couldn't be the Erica: she can't be, because they don't need the same thing from their relationships. Erica is Erica, after all, because she has always felt unloved by her father. She has always wanted to be "special"; she even said so. Miranda, as I've said in the past, just wants to be "normal" after dealing both with Bianca and with Erica.

Archived