AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A poster upthread called this particular case of SORAS "disturbing" and a "joke," which I think is overblown because this isn't the first time SORAS has looked absolutely silly because of the appearances of the involved actors. Examples have been given. Once again, I hate SORASing. I've never seen the point of it, ever, and I wish it didn't exist. I wish Agnes or Bill or Claire on SOMEONE had put their foot down when creating a new soap and said "On this show, the children will age naturally." Alas, that never happened, and here we are. I've learned to just accept that it will happen on all soaps, sometimes in the most ridiculous of ways.

BUT, my main problem here is that because I am not seeing a big deal about this particular case of SORASing, I was labeled as "trying to convince others that everything is perfect in the PP soaps." The PP soaps didn't invent SORAS, so I fail to see why this is being interpreted as a Prospect Park problem.

• Members

Actually, Claire did. For at least the first 10 years, I think, RYAN'S HOPE had a strict policy about not SORASing and instead allowing the children - John Reid, Ryan Fenelli, etc. - to age in real time. Unfortunately, by the time Joe Hardy had become EP, that policy was overlooked.

• Members

Right, which is something I always forget because they eventually did muck that up and have that obnoxious Johnno recast. Of course, it illustrated my anti-SORAS sentiments. The writers got bored with the characters they had, wanted to write new/younger characters, so they cashed in the 10-year-olds and brought in 20-year-olds.

But of course, that's related to another one of marceline's (and mine) soap pet peeves. Instead of just introducing new characters and slowly tying them in with the existing characters, they were stuck on The Almighty Core.

• Members

I like it, I think some are just too hung up on it. It's done nothing's going to change it at this point lol.

LOL tongue.png

I think it's funny that alot of the same people who don't like this SORAS have NO problem with Liza being deSORASed. I think this more believable than believing Adam was married to JL's Liza or that her Liza was in high school with Jesse/Angie and Tad in the early 80's. ;)

• Members

What idea? A.J. and Miranda being SORASed?

That was as obvious as the nose on my face, and I got a big [!@#$%^&*] nose. Of course they (and Pete, and Angie's daughter) are the teen leads for the new generation. Anything else would be weak tea.

Archived