AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, because they have been all over the board eversince the PP rumors first started. That's when several people said that they would never watch a teen soap with new faces if Erica was not around. Then after 3-4 episodes some people claim that AMC doesn't really need Erica because she would eat the entire show, while now we have enough room to get to know the new people.

• Members

Also I have not seen soap fans here or anywhere say that PP are saints and the shows are flawless. They arent. Both have issues. However they are back. Im gonna support them & in time im sure the kinks will be ironed out.

And it has been. Im liking it now but in a while if SL can retun, Id be up to see where Erica is now.

• Members

No one is saying that. Im just speaking for myself & I will give the actors time to get footing. Of all the newbies, the character of Sally has been the most grating to me. I dont know if its the writing or the actress or both but it didnt come off as authentic to me. Although the Teen dialogue for the most part to me needs to be punched up.

I agree with The Wilson story & Caroline's Dementia. The rest is still too OTT

• Members

We are all happy that the soaps are back. That doesn't mean that I have to obsess over extras or stalk the cafeteria lady at PP. The fact that a member of the PP production answered someone's tweet or a random extra followed them back hasn't blinded me.

I enjoy both shows. Does this mean that I believe that network soaps are dead and burried? No. Does it mean that the word sh^%t and a half naked boy have convinced me that these are not "my mother's soaps"? No. Does this mean that I have to accept INSANE SORASing as normal? No. Does this mean that I have to wait until someone learns to act while I watch? Well, sometimes yes, lol.

Do I expect Douglas Marland material from the network soaps while I worhip scenes from Sweet Pine Valley High? No. My problem is not what I am watching, but I am reading. wink.png

• Members

PP's versions of the shows aren't perfect, but they are still more rounded, better balanced than they were on ABC.

Hunter is particularly bad, but the actor seems like a sweetheart... if he hasn't improved after this round of taping, then IMO, yes, they should find a replacement.

I would like to see Erica back, and I'm not a huge Erica fan (although I like SL). However, I think because of SL's schedule, it would be best for the to find a way to weave her in and out of Pine Valley rather than a regular fixture. AMC has all the right ingredients, Erica could just spice up the dish with a pinch of her, here and there.

• Members

So your major issue if I read right is that some fans dont feel the way you do. Well they dont have to feel the way you do. Everyone is ENTITLED to their own opinion. That is why its called an OPINION.

• Members

There's nothing more or less "insane" about the A.J./J.R./Dixie situation on AMC now than there was on AMC on TV two or three years ago with Jacob Young, not to mention Jonathan Bennett (and that's not even touching on the Kelli Giddish/Di-as-Dixie snafu). We all know that, so any hyperbole claiming otherwise is bullshit and a poor excuse to bitch.

Speaking of hyperbole, yes, there's been some as per the PP soaps vs. network shows. That said, I do think they're damn good, I don't consider myself "blinded" and I think piling on abuse and vitriol at them or anyone who prefers them to the network shows is way more about posters here and their personal crap than anything any of us are watching either online or on a network. So give it a [!@#$%^&*] rest, all of you. This is pathetic. I'm getting tired of these weak-ass speeches, mine included.

• Members

I know what an opinion is. When I try to express my opinion I am a hater and I am told to just accept things the way they are. Same goes with many other people who don't act like PP cult members.

Perhaps I miss the days when I would go through entire SON threads just to read interesting comments and conversations. I don't really care for the grouppie / fan gurl madness and history has shown it has only been bad for the shows in the long run. Many of the posters I enjoy reading are still here and I don't really have to agree with them to enjoy their posts. I have never had a problem with opinions. smile.png

Archived