Miami Vice fans?

BKuzak

• Members

I don't know if there is already a thread but just wondering if there are any fans of the original Miami Vice. I beleive it's still shown on some network. I have the DVD's and think it was a pretty interesting show. hot music, real Miami scenes and everything. I know it was very dated...very 80's but it was very popular. I also loved when Izzy was on. He was so funny!.

Actually if you've seen Don Johnson lately, he's lost weight and looks good again. I think he did it for the new movie he was in. I would love to see a Miami Vice reunion of some kind.Even though the 80's are long gone, usually around the beaches there are still pastel stuff...especially in Florida. they could easily do a Tv movie or something. I know there was a big feature film but i just coulnd't see anybody else playing Crokett and Tubbs.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I loved this show as a kid, the first thing that I'd noticed when I'd first seen the reruns on Centric was that it aged very poorly because of its MTV Cops premise - the very criticism that TV critics had of it at the time, from what I'd read.

As great as Don Johnson and Perfect Moment of Truth looked in their pastel suits / sharkskin suits, it didn't make up for the flimsy plots or the cheesy love scenes (though I did enjoy Pam Grier's stint on the show). If I tune into this show these days, it's only so that I can relive my childhood through the tunes of Phil Collins, Tina Turner, or old-school U2.

On another note, I had no idea that the guy that played Noogie died of AIDS. I just assumed he was living a civilian life these days.

• Members

Holla!

I love Miami Vice. I wish Centric would play it more. A few years ago they played marathons all weekend.

I remember not knowing much about the show until then. And, then watching the episode where they killed Larry. And, I was so pissed.

I loved Stan. Loved him! He was what Cliff was to Matlock. And, I adore Cliff from Matlock.

I have to post the opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW0RWzopvw4

• Members

I think that was the dumbest thing John Diehl ever did. He left because he wanted to do movies and see where his career would go. I know he wasn't a huge star but the show just lost something when he left. I loved when Crockett would kid around with them on stake outs and stuff.

Archived