January 28 - February 1, 2013: Good Week For Y&R & B&B

Toups

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was a really good week for Y&R and B&B. Looks like the Steve Burton debut definitely worked out for them on Tuesday as Y&R was over 5 million that day.

DAYS still looking pretty strong, that's what's really shocking me right now.

GH is on fire, this was probably GH's best overall week since they started their uptick in the ratings last year. Everyday was over 2.1 and over 2.7 million. They're going to have a really hot February coming up.

• Members

Shocked how B&B has gained since the eliminations of Nick, Jackie, Ridge and most recently Stephanie. I love how Brooke and Taylor are the new Stephanie and Sally Spectra, so to speak, with the constant warfare. Few shows have ever survived such a gutting and retool. Brad Bell must be saving a lot of cash with fewer contract players.

• Members

All of those characters were played out long before they left. B&B made a smart decision in letting Nick go (I do think Jackie could have stayed in some capacity).

The B&B I enjoyed went away a long time ago, somewhere around 1994, but I'm glad that the show has survived some changes that were, in the long run, necessary.

• Members

Do you watch regularly? B&B hasnt been retooled at all. Its changed little since the same point last year. All those characters you mentioned were marginalized a long time ago so when they did leave, there was little impact felt on the canvas

• Members

Not sure, but I hope they don't blame it on Brian and Sonny's heavy making out and almost sex driving away viewers. It could just be a blip. It is also normal for soap ratings to be a little lower on Friday (but not *that* much lower). Will and Sonny have had bedroom scenes without it driving the ratings down.

Glad Days is still up year to year and hope this week that just ended will show positive movement upward when the ratings for it come out next week.

Archived