Star Trek Into Darkness

Marco Dane

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Iron Man 3 was such a trainwreck that I now know there's no way this film will disappoint me!

Here's to hoping this and The Great Gatsby will erase Tony Stark and that stupid movie from my mind forever.....will never understand the appeal of Robert Downey Jr nor that whole franchise.

Edit: How could I forget Man of Steel!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This was a great movie. It is nirvana to Trekkies and Trekkers alike in the way it is so modern and so unlike the original Trek and manages to to be a full on tribute to the original cast's greatest and most famous adventure, even recreating what has to be the most famous scene in Trek lore, only with a twist. And the cherry on the top was Spock got the one word line that every ST fan knows so well.

It was also nice they gave Scotty such heavy play. Usually he was just hanging around off camera in the old series, but they really worked him, Chekov and Uhura into the action. Sulu not so much. And the writers are such ST nerds they name dropped a few old names from the original and we even got a Christine Chapel mention. That is one thing I don't understand about the new series: everyone knows that the woman who had her eye on Spock was Nurse Chapel, not Uhura.

Archived