Night Court

VirginiaHamilton

• Members

In light of the passing of this show's creator, Reinhold Weege, yesterday:

as well as my not seeing a thread on this show on here, I figured that I'd create one. Not only was it one of my favorite shows to watch as a kid, it had one of the best theme songs of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjiWblC_iG8

Anyone else a fan of this show?

night_court-show.jpg

ptt3d203.jpg

Night_Court_-_Season_2_-_Cast_1.jpg

114229599.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't remember "Night Court" tackling "serious legal issues." I do remember, though, the humor being way more droll with Reinhold Weege as showrunner. Once he left, the show did become broader and sillier to the point where, at the end, it was just painful to watch.

RIP Mr. Weege. :(

• Members

My father loved Reinhold's name too. He used to get a big kick out of seeing it and then saying it at the end of the episodes.

I too was/am a very big Night Court fan. Sorry to hear about him and that the show isn't in reruns when other shows that shouldn't be are running like nine times a day. The only season i didn't like was the "Billie" second season. I liked the first and then the later ones with Christine.

I also agree that the eariler episodes did deal with more realistic things and later it on it became more of a slapstick type show. If you rewatch the first season, you can tell it had more serious cases. but it's all great television.

• Members

I remember being at my brother's high school football games and the marching band playing the Night Court theme. :lol: This is a show I watched every week but I've lost most of the specific memories beyond the great cast.

I remember Bull's Bull puppet and him always saying, "Okey dokey!"

The three female bailiffs and the passings of the first two. :(

Mel Torme!

• Members

Yea i think they called it the Night Court curse because first Selma died (my favorite), and then Florence died at the end of her only season on the show. But i liked Roz too.

It was a great show because it started on Thursday Nights on NBC. with 500 channels and DVR's, younger people don't realize that people actually stayed home and planed their night around NBC's Thursdays for many years. from Hill Street Blues and Cosby Show to Friends and Will & Grace. "Must See TV"

Although i also watched it when it moved to Wednesdays

Archived