Sharon (Y&R) Spoiler

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I feel negatively about it for the wrong reason -- that this is the only way the writers think they can justify all that MAB (and others) had the Sharon character do over the years. And then I am chastizing myself because this is a real problem for a lot of people - bipolar disorder - and many of them I am sure are treated successsfully.

I wonder how SC feels about it. -- Really feels about it.

• Members

No need to chastize yourself, bluejeanbaby. I, too, think the writers are using a very real, and very serious, mental disorder to explain away years of bad story decisions, rather than just admit Sharon has been written into a proverbial corner and needs to be taken off the show (if only for a little while).

• Members

I think it's a cheap tactic. And honestly out of all the stories playing out on Y&R now, Sharon's is of the least interest to me. Ok she has a mental disorder and is likely going to be treated. Theyve already played that card. Plus it's a man again who's Sharon's savior. Rinse and repeat. I'd rather they wrote her off canvas for 6 months, let her go spend time with her mom, and come back versus another storyline like this for her.

• Members

Especially if it's his penis:

120828mag-SteveBurton1_210x305.jpg

It's a penis, not a bong.

Although I see your point.

Exactly. Y&R shouldn't waste a potentially useful story on such a character as Sharon. Give it to someone like Paul, who has been through hell with Patty and Ricky.

• Members

I think this SL will put a lot of pressure and responsibility on Case's shouders. It is not like her character will have a fatal diagnosis and will have to play that out with respect to the condition and those who have suffered from it, she will have a mental condition and will have to play that out authentically from now on? Or at some point perhaps she will appear to be "normal" or unaffected by the diagnosis - with the help of meds and therapy? I feel for her - Sharon, the actress. She has been through a lot, esp. at the hands of MAB's writing.

Thanks for the sweet reply.

Archived