Characters You Are Suprised Stuck Around So Long vs. Characters You Thought Would've Lasted Longer

• Members

Hell no to Maura West. The show already has an older blonde with an annoying mousy voice. I can't handle 2. I'd prefer TM back as I never minded her

consudering they are blood Forresters with the last name, they could never be Mrs Forrester but I get what you are saying

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The most pointless character in GH History....

monaco.jpg

Sam McCall has been on for nearly a decade, has had dozens of storylines (two of which I can only remember), yet feels like the most disposable character. She has no identity outside of Jason, and her characterization is all over the place, she is a walking wet blanket. The only time she served a purpose and felt like a viable ccharacter was when she went "crazy" for those few months and watched Liz's child get kidnapped and did nothing. Then they tried to shoehorn her into the Davis/Cassadine clan and still pointless.

She is the definition of disposable. And I love Kelly Monaco, loved her on Port Charles, but they failed to capture any of the magic she had on PC when she came to GH and collected a check for 10 years doing nothing. How she has stuck around for so long is beyond me, characters that have done more and made an impact barely last at least half of her years.

• Members

Really? I loved Vienna! She was so cute with Henry, and I hated how they threw her under the bus (and then reversed it over her) for the sake of the Henry/Barbara pairing, which never should have happened.

Although I love Maura West this would be a bad idea. She's much too powerful as an actress and she would act rings around everyone on that set (with the exception of Heather Tom) and make KKL and Hunter Tylo run screaming into their dressing rooms.

• Members

Speaking of the Davis/Cassadine clan on GH, I'm surprised that that soggy Wonder bread character, Alexis, lasted as long as she has. Simply put, she is and always has been boring as hell to the point that I am astounded that she even has a fan base - let alone one that believes that her lack of airtime has affected the show in any way.

Frankly, I have zero clue how my Nedley, Sonny, or Ric were entranced by that dullard - especially after being paired with dynamic women who had far more charisma in their pinky toe than she ever had in her entire being. Furthermore, with the Cassadines (mercifully, as I've never had any use for them - save for Nikolas when he was dating Gia) non-existent on canvas, I've no clue why she's still around.

• Members

Contrary to a lot of other Daytime shows, I don't think KKL or, to a certain extent HT, have a problem with women who are better actresses than they are on the show. For one thing, each has a core solid fanbase. Secondly, Susan Flannery has acted rings around everybody since 1987 and she and KKL are each other's biggest supporters IRL. I could say the same thing for Joanna Johnson when she played Caroline. Thirdly, Traci Bregman brought Lauren to the show, as did Eileen Davidson with Ashley, and neither woman ever spoke about being shut out by anybody in the B&B cast. ED in particular talked about how welcoming everybody was, while KKL in an interview said how excited she was to get scenes with Eileen because she brought everybody's game up and gave B&B a certain extra cachet.

I personally think a small show like B&B would suit Maura very, very well.

• Members

I can answer this. And I used to love Alexis and the Davis women A LOT. Speaking for myself, it stems from NLG's break-out role as Julia Wainright on Santa Barbara. Amazing character, perfectly played. Alexis is like a weakened, watered down version of Julia. I think some of us always hoped that with the right writer, Alexis could finally "become" Julia in all but name.

• Members

Funny enough, that is how I feel about Alexis' on-screen daughter, as played by Kelly Monaco, to some extent. KM had my heart from the minute that I first saw her as Livvie Locke on Port Charles and I had high hopes that that same fire that she brought to the role would be replicated through her Sam McCall on GH.

Needless to say, I was highly disappointed to see GH waste her by portraying her as a bootleg Brenda Barrett, as I felt (and still feel) that they wasted her in a thankless role in thankless pairing after pairing that hasn't played to KM's strengths (aside from the few months of truth telling that she was allowed to do before Guza muzzled her back into complacency). More often than not, I've had to remind myself that there was a time where she-as-Livvie was worth every bit of hype that she garnered.

• Members

Oh, I totally agree as far as the Vienna/Henry/Barbara triangle is concerned. I hated what they did to Vienna, even though I wasn't a huge fan, and it really soured any of the good feelings I was supposed to have about Barbara and Henry being together and sweatin' to the oldies. Still, though, I never quite understood why they thought she was worth keeping around. In a way, I guess it was good that they slowly integrated her into the show instead of introducing her like most soaps have introduced new characters in the last ten years or so.

Archived