SOS: SAVE AMC THE WAR IS NOT OVER!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't question the PP owns the rights. That's obvious. I question (read: don't believe for a [!@#$%^&*] minute) that PP is exercising some uber-powerful control over who gets brought over. That doesn't make sense.

Damn right and I'm not about to apologize. That article is filled with the kind of magical thinking usually reserved for Disney movies and rehab clinics.

• Members

My "special brand of cynicism" aside, I would love if ABC or another network decided to do an AMC/Pine Valley spinoff as a telenovela. Preferably something less mainstream and vanilla than current soaps. Give me a season of shows about the Hubbards of Bianca/Marissa written and produced by someone who loves the soap genre yet is willing to reinvent it and I would be the biggest cheerleader ever.

But I'm not going to pretend to want AMC back regardless of the circumstances. I'm just not that "loyal" a soap fan.

Also that article is very poorly written on a number of levels.

• Members

It seems like an eternity to me, too, and I'm really hoping ABC is smart enough to put out some DVDs in the near future. If only Agnes Nixon and/or Lorraine Broderick could help put together a collection of the best stories/couples from 1978 onward!

La Lucci definitely has no reason to return to Erica now that she's hosting her own show!

Wasn't FV supposed to be in charge of both shows on PP? I cringe to think what he would've done to AMC! That said, I wouldn't mind if 20 years from now someone rebooted the show focused around Miranda Montgomerey and AJ Chandler trying to live up to their family legacies.tongue.png

Archived