September 3-7, 2012: Bad Week for DAYS/GH

Toups

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Days bounce back in the ratings this week even though the show sucks right now. GH was pretty good last week. I watched every episode and didn't get bored for a change. GH will probably maintain the good ratings from the previous week. I hope Days don't lose viewers.

• Members

I've only seen one episode this past week, but DAYS seems so damn boring at the moment. None of the stories seem particularly captivating or worth any type of investment, it seems like the same old garbage they've been dishing out for years. Who the f.uck cares about Sami's love life, and why is Shawn Christian still on this show?

B&B, surprisingly, is the only real ratings success story in daytime this year. I think the show is as silly and repetitive as ever, but someone must be enjoying it...

wub.png

• Members

Hope the bump we're going to see for GH next week can be maintained, but I've got a hunch that the spike was more about people turning on the TV before 3, while GH was on, in order to watch Katie's big premiere at 3, and not so much about viewers suddenly flocking to GH. Will be interesting to see how next week's day to day ratings for GH track.I think a lot will depend on how well Katie keeps the momentum going.

• Members

Tomlin is just trying to continue with what was already failing when he was fired last year. It´s completely different from his 2008 start, when the ideas he introduced seemed fresh and welcomed relief from the Higley dullness before. Not really sure what Corday and NBC were thinking. That MarDar failed doesn´t mean firing him was a bad decision as well.

Wonder how long NBC is willing to wait with the renewall decision, but with the taping so much ahead I don´t think DAYS has much time left. I heard something about September being the key month, but with the big returns yet to happen I think they may be willing to wait till November. Then, the show will be probably already taping March 2013 and with another two months ahead in writing it´s the least amount of time they would need for atleast a rushed closure if the ax falls. Obviously, Corday´s panicking last year wit the reset and this year again with the anti-reset means their current ratings are not enough for NBC.

Archived