August 20-24, 2012: Great Week for DAYS/Y&R/B&B

Toups

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Way to go DAYS! I thought for sure they'd drop. Instead they increased? Amazing!

Via Press Release

EARNING ITS TOP RATING SINCE NOVEMBER, ‘DAYS’ TIES FOR #2 FOR THE WEEK IN THE KEY WOMEN 18-49 CATEGORY

IN THE VALUABLE WOMEN 18-34 DEMO, ‘DAYS’ TIES FOR #1 AMONG NETWORK DAYTIME PROGRAMS AND MATCHES ITS NINE-MONTH HIGH

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – August 30, 2012 – “Days of our Lives” has delivered a nine-month high in women 18-49 and matched its best women 18-34 rating in nine months to tie for #1 among network daytime programs in the latter category.

For the week of August 20-24, "Days of our Lives" averaged a 1.0 rating, 6 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, to tie for #2 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tie for #1 in the week’s women 18-34 race.

For the August 20-24 week, “Days” scored its highest women 18-49 rating since the week of November 21-25, 2011 (1.1) and equaled its highest women 18-34 result since that same week (0.8).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #6 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #4 in the women 18-34 demo.

• Members

Very good for DAYS I've enjoyed it myself lately. DAYSaster has helped this show regain some of the viewers they lost since the winter time hopefully with the new direction of the show they can recover big time and post even bigger ratings for the fall.

The competition against GH in some markets starting in September will be interesting. Hopefully the competition will help both shows be consistently good because that was DAYS' main problem in the past was the inconsistent writing.

• Members

I love it. Can't wait for the time change. I've started watching DOOL. Well sort of. I think it's fascinating that Tomlin replaced JFP at OLTL then Valentini replaced Tomlin. Then Valentini replaced JFP at GH. Now those three are left standing. Talk about an interesting triangle.

• Members

Gary Tomlin seems to be saving DAYS again and Chris Whitesell. Remember in 2009 their baby switch brought big ratings. It seems like Ken realized he made a mistake firing Gary. I think Gary is better in the writer position with Chris and Lorraine Broderick is third in position as well. WAY TO GO DAYS. Everyone did well but GH. GH held onto its numbers so thats a good sign.

• Members

I can't say anything about saving when these are only two weeks of ratings, but I hope this continues or at least doesn't decline too much. I think this is probably down to the reveal of Stefano being alive. Hopefully they won't drop big time since he's off the canvas again.

Archived