Y&R: Eric Braeden talks about 10,000th episode and more

• Members

So Case and Braeden had a twitter war? Where can one find the blow by blow on this? But truly, much of the downfall of daytime can be seen as too much other media competing for attention, and the dissipation of the stay at home mother. In the 60's and 70's, and even 80's, you didn't have the expense of internet bills, cellphone bills, hell, in the 60's and most of the 70's, even cable bills. Now because everything costs a ton more, women go out and bring in a second income so the family can afford a car. An item that costs 7 TIMES what it did in 1971, though wages have not increased NEARLY 7 times since then.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I hear the arguement that women are out worknig during the day and eys that is true but even on the days some are home they still have no interest sitting down and watchig a soap. My mother used to be a Y&R watcher. The only reason why she's caught any recent epis of Y&R is because she happened to be in the room with me while I was watching it. On her day off she'll be sitting around relaxing in front of the tv but she'll turn on Food Network or if she happens to turn to network tv she'll watch The Talk or The Chew. She couldn't beleive the same old crap was still going on with Nikki and Victor and Jack.

Then you have the people who are home during that time but are sitting around watching sydicated reruns. On DirectTv they have this thing that tells you the most watched show at the moment on your coast and around the country and there have been times where I looked and Rosanne reruns were being watched more than GH.Hell there have been so many times where I've been home during the day and Im not interested in tuning into any soaps.

I was talking to this chick who wants me to watch her favorite telenovela and she's tried watching American soap operas but none of them are for her because she says they are so slow and boring and there's not enough romance and excitement for her to be interested.

• Members

Well, according to Jeannie, MTS didn't talk to her for 5 years, and she still doesn't know why. Not it's not violence or threats mind you, but to me, it's just as crazy. And VR? I hope JFP keeps her crazy silly azz as far away from Y&R studios as possible.

• Members

I agree I'm tired of hearing about VR, who I think has become overrated just from people talking about how she'll do this or that for Y&R. The show has survived without her. Sure it hasn't had great writing, but it's survived.

I think Braeden needs to get over himself

• Members

I think VR is very talented and I believe that her complaints about the show - and more importantly the genre are valid and have been proven so repeatedly - BUT somewhere along the line I got tired of seeing her fixation on the Y&R. It became tedious and made her look, yes, crazy. Like a friend who five years later is still telling you what a bastard her ex-boyfriend was even as she drives past his house at night. I wish she had spent less energy on Y&R and more energy on finding other gigs be they television, film, writing, working BTS, etc... and I really wish she hadn't written that Soap Opera Diva book. (Although more than that, I wish I hadn't read it. Or at least the portion of it I was able to slog through.) At some point she needed to move on, not for the show's sake but for her own because it's been misdirected energy for years now and it makes her look bad. It's like the saying, "Don't keep telling everyone your problems because 80 percent don't care and 20 percent are glad it's you instead of them."

Conversely, Braeden has collected all the [!@#$%^&*] in daytime and isn't giving anyone any of them. LOL!

• Members

You mean this isn't crazy?

ERIC: And that is what we are not doing, and that is why Y&R is still where we are. The powers better recognize that. The attempt to ‘juvenile’ the shows is misfiring left and right. What they don’t realize is that there are three generations of viewers who have gotten used to certain people, from 8 to 80. It is no different. It is not contingent on how old they are, they understand. And of course, they want to see the veterans.

He spews the same crap everytime Y&R dare attempt to move away from him as romantic lead.

There was a whole situation recently reported on the internet that you were leaving the show because of another round of contract negotiations that were not going well, and that is why you were not going to be on-air for awhile, or could potentially be exiting the series. Is that indeed what was going on?

ERIC: Some bastard started that rumor. And that bastard knows who he is. He has been starting a lot of bad rumors, and he better not show his face here again!

Archived