Y&R: Eric Braeden talks about 10,000th episode and more

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am far from an EB fan but I don't think he pushed for this version of Sharon and Victor either. His push was way back when (when Sharon kissed Victor the first time). Plus, I think some of the issues he has with Case are that she RT'd people who were saying Victor was "old and disgusting." I don't really care about this squabble and I'm certainly not an EB fan but considering how offended Case was by Morrow's comments and clear preference for MS, it's kind of ironic that she constantly retweeted comments that could be seen as personal against EB.

Did anyone watch the Y&R actors at the Paley Center event?

EB made a point of telling everyone that he does not and never has dictated or marched upstairs about a story and when he was asked how he feels about Sharon and Victor he said, "No comment."

Here is the video:

http://www.paleycent...d=1811061139001

That info about Jeanne and Bergman is interesting since I've always gotten the impression that Jeanne doesn't like Peter very much. She takes every opportunity to talk about how much she preferred Terry Lester as Jack.

• Members

Jeanne says that because her and Terry were very close friends. And her getting in the middle of the Braeden/Bergman conflict was a matter of her sense of fairness. She just felt it was wrong to fire one and not the other, because both were equally responsible. I never got the impression she didn't like Bergman, just that she liked Terry much BETTER. But then again, 99% of all fans who watched then liked Terry better, too.

• Members

Terry Lester had the unique ability of portraying a character who was simultaneously amoral and endearing. "Smilin' Jack" Abbott was a bastard who you couldn't help but love. (Not to mention, he was sexy as hell, lol.) PB's Jack, on the other hand, just comes across as asexual, smarmy, and a "cold fish."

• Members

I loved Terry Lester and you're right about that whole 'Smilin' Jack' thing. I was shocked when they cast boy scout Peter Bergman, but I understand that he has made the role his own.

One of my favorite stories was when Jack and Jill hooked up in the cabin and Lindsay Wells took photos of the hook up and blackmailed Jack into a relationship when Jack really wanted to be with Diane. Terry Lester was great in that story. So was Brenda Dickson.

• Members

I really enjoyed that Paley Center video, unlike the 35th one, everyone was happy and having a good time (except for Stafford) I actually liked Braeden in this video (even though I think the whole not dictating his stories is BS) he was laughing hysterically throughout the whole thing and it was hilarious ( I think sitting next to Jeanne helped)

.......You guys are gonna have a fit....but ugh....I ALMOST wanted to like Maria during this interview.....Man, if it weren't for that ego of hers and the fact that she was actually a "writer" and not hung up on old sitcoms, I would have found that whole reference to "Glowworm" being a song from "I Love Lucy" cute.

Archived