Summer Olympics 2012

Wales2004

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<!-- Start of guardian embedded video -->

<!-- To prevent the video from auto playing set 'a=true' in the following line of code-->

<iframe src="http://gu-embedded-video.appspot.com/?a=false&i=brightcove/poster/2012/8/6/120806Brick100m_6509310.jpg&f=brightcove/2012/8/6/120806Brick100m-16x9.mp4&u=/sport/video/2012/aug/06/usain-bolt-gold-100m-brick-video&tn=Usain Bolt wins gold in 100m final * brick-by-brick video:Video:1783829" style="border:0; overflow:hidden;" scrolling="no" width="460px" height="397px"></iframe>

<!-- End of guardian embedded video -->

• Members

This manufactured outrage over the Olympic athetes paying taxes is so ridiculous. This is America. Unless you are extremely wealthy or have no income, you pay taxes. If anyone should not pay taxes, it is the military and teachers and I don't see anyone rallying around exempting them. The Olympic athletes should be freaking grateful that they get that money in the first place. I hope they are sending their thanks to late George Steinbrenner who led the commission that saved U.S. Olympics and put the financial system in place. I would have more respect for the complainers if they were demanding the athletes' pictures on a stamp which I happen to think is really cool.

Kudos to Aly Raisman on her gold and bronze.

• Members

Ugh...the US women divers suck ass..they failed to qualify for the finals. NBC hasnt aired it yet but Telemundo did air it this morning. Why doesnt the US have a better diving program?? The girls looked awful and I knew when they won the US trails they werent going to win anything...

And UGH...why are the Canadians kissing Andy Murray's ass with a gold medal cake??? Really??? And Brad Gilbert and Co. gushing all over Andy's win ...UGH.....Gilbert gushing how Andy text him to thank him for believing in him...just UGH.....how he steamrolled Federer and then finally Bradsky admitted that Roger's match against Del Po took everything he had left and didnt have anything for the final.

Now Nadal is out of the Cincy tournament as well. I wonder if he will play the US Open.

• Members

Love those photos of the king of Sweden. I love how Sweden and the Netherlands seem to have royalty who are so happy to just chill and blend in.

It must suck for the women's soccer teams when they win at the Olympics but there isn't enough money to have their own league at home.

Archived