Summer Olympics 2012

Wales2004

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phillip Phillips" Home"...dont be surprised if it winds up at #1 next week on the billboard charts with it being the theme to the Olympics. Its currently number 1 on Itunes. I keep hearing it on the telecast and thought where have I heard that song before...lol...not realizing it was Phillip..LOL

• Members

Kayla Harrison winning the first gold for the US in Judo ever has to be the best US gold medal yet. It was an amazing competition for her , she's not the bombshell athlete the media loves to promote but her win was the most touching and heartfelt of all to date.

• Members

Kudos to Gabby Douglas. A well deserved gold medal. She should give the finger to all the biatches who were ignoring her in favor of Jordyn Weiber.

F'ing A. It is such damn poor sportmanship too, complaining the rules because your preferred athlete did not qualify. I don't how many times people need to learn this lesson: athletes EARN their medals at the Olympics, they don't get them because they are the media darling or the annointed one or because they have sponsorship deals lined up.

LOL! Seriously, this cracked me up. Very true too.

• Members

Gabby Douglas showed the mark of a true champion. Confident, mature, and graceful. She was interviewed on Today this morning and she's so charismatic and genuine. I get the media fixates on who they want to win but as soon as Jordyn Wieber lost. It was the Russian who was going to win the all around. I thought the coverage last night was very much not in favor of Aly Reisman and Gabby Douglas. They even talked about how disappointed Jordyn Wieber looked when Aly faultered on the balance beam. Gabby Douglas did this country proud as did Aly.

And what on earth is wrong with Matt Lauere. I get they played up the rivalry with Phelps and Lochte andmthat Lochte is a bit of a partier, but he won 5 medals, 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze and you,d think he was a failure. But the real story is the US women swim team who has kicked ass.

Last not least Kayla Harrison. She was a victim of sexual abuse by her former coach as a child who she helped send to prison. Her current coach helped her heal and inspired her to continue to focus on her sport to help her and she wins a gold medal. Another story ignored for the Phelps Lochte show.

• Members

Darn it....I was pulling for DelPo...Federer already won Wimbledon....give someone else a chance

Ryan had nothing left thats why Phelps beat him...lol

HUGE ratings for last night...43 million at 10pm hour and a 25 rating...havent seen those kind of ratings for any show besides the football.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/08/tv-ratings-michael-phelps-and-gabby-douglas-power-another-olympics-win-for-nbc.html

Archived