Summer Olympics 2012

Wales2004

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Don't know much about gymnastics but if they are allowed to use replays to correct the calls, how is that considered wrong or being "robbed'? At the end of the day, you want to have the right calls made. It's like a coaches challenge in NFL. That's what the Japan coaches did here. They challenged the ruling, the judges went to replay, they overturned the initial ruling.

• Administrator

I hope you're right. There's an article about that: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--missy-franklin-looks-like-she-s-got-the-chops-to-carry-the--female-phelps--label.html

She's won me over with the segment they showed about her family and friends, and her staying in Colorado, turning down a ton a money so she can be eligible for university. I hope she'll have some longevity and we'll see her compete, and win, in 2016 and 2020.

• Members

Day 4 and the German team has only won one medal so far – in fencing. Worst showing ever for my country. Well, I still have hopes for the equestrians, rowers, canoeists and some athletes (pole vault, discus and hammer throw, and shot put).

• Members

NBC's coverage makes me laugh sometimes. Without spoilers, you knew the guy gymnasts blew it cause NBC didn't show them until towards the end of their coverage & cut it down time wise as much as they could. Tonight, they started the girls gymnastic coverage within the first 30 minutes and spreading it out, cause they are doing well. laugh.png

Archived