Summer Olympics 2012

Wales2004

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, as much as it angers people, record ratings for Saturday night showed that NBC is doing the right thing by not airing "signature" events live & saving them for primetime. if you have cable/satellite you can watch them live online, which personally I love. love being able to watch multiple streams online live. I've watched several sports like Archery and Whitewater 1-man canoe/kayak which I never normally watch or knew existed.

Yeah, Lochte TOTALLY blew it. I read some comments online that said Lochte's goal must be deny Phelps gold medals even it means costing him some too. laugh.png

• Administrator

LOL! People can be so dumb. laugh.png

Phelps now just needs to more medals to have the most ever.

Speaking of dumb, the rule for gymnastic of only have 2 people per country in the finals is pretty dumb.

• Members

I agree. Wieber got screwed big time. She was 4th in the Woman's Individual All Around, but can't compete in finals because only 2 per country can go. if either Aly Raisman and Gabby Douglas are her roommates tonight, I'd sleep with one eye open. LOL!

• Members

I haven't watched Olympic gymnastics this intensely (hooray for TiVo!) since the Magnificent Seven of 1996. I know it's been a good number of years since they changed the scoring system, but it just doesn't seem to pack a dramatic punch that you're no longer able to get a "perfect ten".

And having only 2 gymnasts per team in the all-around? Bela Karolyi said it right: it should be the top 24 gymnasts, not the top 2 gymnasts from the top 12 countries. When did they make this change? From what I remember in the 90's, it was always 3 contenders, not 2.

And I was also surprised when I watched the Olympic tryouts that there are only 5 members on a team, but then they had back-ups? Weird. When I watched them in 1992, there were 6 teammates, then 7 in 1996. Don't remember past that.

• Members

Just watched the men's diving...ummm...WTF?? with some of those scores. Some of those dives werent 9's or 9.5s.....the Chinese and Mexico got scores that were way high....robbery..on a side not..damn a lot of butt cracks....hehe

Archived