Summer Olympics 2012

Wales2004

• Members

I dont know who I hate more Andy or the Brits...I think a tie....for some reason they both think this is Wimbledon and if he wins the drought will end...ummm....hello....Andy has won a grass court tournament on grass in England. I really hope Roger beats his lame ass so we can see his woo as me tears I didnt win....I want to win crying....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now why would Seacrest asked such a dumbass question??

Of course he is a cocky SOB...you can tell by just looking at him....the guy is hot but man did he not perform at the Olympics. He didnt blow Phelps out of the water like he was crowing about doing.

• Administrator

Another gold and another 3-peat for Phelps! What a great way to end his individual racing.

And another gold for Missy Franklin, who destroyed the field and set a new world record. I just love her personality.

• Members

I am no fan of either and have no desire to see that scene play out again. It's too bad they both advanced. The women are much more interesting because there is more chance of variety with them.

I disagree with you regarding Andy Murray. I didn't think he had a lot of support at Wimbledon and I still don't think he does despite the whole playing for GB bit. There's more of a love-hate thing going on with him and the English would much rather root for someone English than a Scot. They're settling with him and I suppose a medal is a medal at the end of the day.

I am glad she won because the dismissal of her after she got the automatic bid in the trials made her the underdog to me. I feel the same about Aly Raisman to a lesser extent but it would have been great for her to have gotten a medal as well. Anyway, she will get a couple more chances in the individual artistic events. I'm thinking little crying Vik should be good for gold on floor. I can't even feel sorry for Aliya Mustafina because of her seemingly bad temper. I wouldn't be able to tolerate her and it's not cute to be a diva.

I do have a great deal of compassion for Gabby Douglas who has been tagged as a role model. I'm not even going to pretend to get any of it. The people who love to say this should have learned by now that Tiger Woods hasn't changed the face of golf. Venus and Serena have been around for awhile and tennis and how's that working? And it wasn't as if Arthur Ashe or Althea Gibson never existed. It's unlikely that I'll listen to too many ofher interviews because I'm not interested in hearing her parrot the expectations of others who need to let her be 16. Nor do I need to hear people continually stake a claim in her as if they all contributed to her success and helped pay her way or encouraged her when she thought of giving up. In fact, I am willing to be that some of the people who claim to be proud of her now would have told her, given the chance, that she should go out for track and field since she's not supposed to do gymnastics.

And since I am on a roll, I am sooooooo glad the Phelps-Lotche show is over. From now on I should be able to watch the taped events without any cutting away to the Michael Phelps' story. The media is fantastic at creating antagonistic feelings towards their pets. Luckily, I don't take issue with him....just them. I hope they take boxing out of the Olympics. I am also in favor of getting rid of table tennis and badminton.

• Members

And I have to saw about Lochte and Phelps, I think the rivalry was entirely media manufactured. While Phelps may have slipped, he's still shown to be a fierce competitor moreso than Lochte certainly and far more invested, but he and Lochte always came across supportive of each other and friendly. Lochte never showed any sadness or disappointment in the events Phelps took over him.

Archived