Summer Olympics 2012

Wales2004

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loved the opening ceremony. My favourite part was the James Bond/Queen part and the tribute to the music.

Was surprised that we didn't have any ad's on here since it was on commercial TV.

Loved how the Claudron was lit. I was thinking that it would have been either Coe or Banninster that would have lit it.

Was shocked by Phelps swim though just making it into the 400 IM. It reminded me of Kieran Perkins who only scrapped into the 1500 back in 1996.

• Members

Was pleasantly surprised by the men's gymnastic team. I just didn't expect them to fair quite as well on their first day. I'll be interested to watch the women tonight.

I did enjoy watching the men's archery team yesterday as well. :)

• Members

I liked the opening ceremonies. I didn't like NBCs coverage. I think it's unfair to compare it to 2008. Not all of it was perfect but so be it. To me nothing compares to Muhammad Ali lighting the Olympic torch in Atlanta or the flags of participating countries in 1984 done by the audiences seat cards. Myself I watch for the parade of nations anyway.

NBC should be embarrassed by Ryan Seacrest.

• Members

NBC's coverage is an embarrassment so far they should of been airing things live this weekend that were major events (like the swimming finals) since it was on during the afternoon here but they choose to save it for prime time coverage though they tweet and put it on the nbcolympics.com site.

Archived