What Were MAB's Biggest Blunders?

• Members

The biggest ones were the Lauren/Sarah/Daisy mess, making Jill and Lauren sisters for sh!ts and giggles, Phillip's return and killing Colleen just months after her father died in the exact same way. AND not updating the opening credits in almost 5 years.

Having said that, not EVERYTHING MAB has done has been bad and I do believe the show has turned a creative corner in the last 6 months or so. I think Y&R is in a pretty good place at the moment, the Victor/Sharon pukefest aside.

Not exactly. He didn't sexually abuse Ashley as such. And wasn't it revealed later on that he didn't actually molest his patients (that Adam was just threatening to say he did)?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Making Jill a Fenmore for no apparent reason.

Bringing back Ricky,who could have been a major new young lead with ties to one of the longest running characters and making him a psycho and killing him off.

Claiming that Darius gave the best audition they'd seen in years when it was apparent from his first scene that he was totally miscast.

• Members

Bad rewrite, after the fact. Phyllis went to Harvard and people there told her everyone knew that the doctor molested his female patients.

Don't forget about the Daisy "pop".

And Bill Bell sitting on her shoulder.

• Members

I turned the tv off when Patty who got plastic surgery to look like her psychiatrist and Lauren's doppleganger were in cahoots with each other. That was too cartoonish for me.

Carl's post pretty much summed it up for me. The show hasn't been good since they brought Philip back. I remember being so excited but after it all came out the show went straight to hell.

• Members

I was silly enough to actually hope for something good with Philip's return. On paper the idea wasn't the worst, but the pacing was so rushed and it was clear they did not care about actually telling the story. The characters got over their anger in a week and Philip left not long after, rarely appearing since. The worst handling possible.

• Members

Carl pretty much nailed it. For me, I was so disturbed by the Ashley/Adam storyline - it made no sense since Ashley was actually in Adam's corner! I had to turn the show off when Sarah was revealed. I came back six months ago to give it a go, but shut it down after Ricky's death on Monday. (Had nothing to do with liking Ricky, but I just don't care about any of the stories now.)

The Phillip return - dumbest move related to the show's rich history - it was a seminal story when Phillip died. Bringing the character back, after we accepted Cane as the real one, was pointless - especially when the character is played by one of the worst actors to grace the TV screen.

Perhaps in six months, I'll return but I can't imagine what would make me. I'm sticking with B&B as my only show.

• Members

I am one of those crazy people who still loves Y&R and likes MAB. But I haven't liked everything.

I resent her misuse and mistreatment of Maura West....as well as other actors who really weren't given a fair exit such as Addrienne Leon as Colleen. Recast for no apparent reason...

The idiocy of Sarah Carter. A poor copout that doesn't compare to actually having the real Sheila on the show.

Pretty much all of the storylines with black characters have been mishandled and uninteresting.

And sure, there have been some storylines that I haven't liked as much, but I still enjoy the show. I love crazy Patty and I've loved everything involving the Newmans.

• Members

Maura West should have been cast as a character other than Diane. Both the actress and character were screwed by that decision. (As was the case with Riegel as Heather and McCrary as Malcolm.)

Adrianne Leon was fired by LML.

Archived