Top 5 things you hate about your favorite soap

• Members

I'm not even sure if Days is my favorite soap anymore but it is the one I've watched the longest. The big problem is EJ Dimera. I hate having him on all the time. The show was much better before he came on and now he's being overused. Also I find it sickening that they are trying to do a rapemance. I don't get that at all and to make it even more twisted let's throw in the gay son that this monster has blackmailed.

Characters aren't even recognizable anymore. I just hope the rebooted reboot fix things before it is too late but if they keep shoving James Scott onscreen all the time this soap is doomed.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bold and Beautiful

1.Shitty and unrealistic even for soap standarts dialogue (It used to be so much better).

2.Dragging shitty stories for months and getting rid of interesting ones for 2-3 days.

3.The fact that they have actresses like Heather Tom and Susan Flannery and they barely use them.

4.The fact that everyone that is even mildly connected to this family has phenomenal talent for designing.

5.How fast a man and a woman fall in love. They don't even get to know eachother. Most of the time they talk about how much they love eachother. But what is this love based on?

• Members

Get out of my head! ITA with your whole list bit this is the one that still burns me to this day and it's honestly the reason I don't really miss AMC the way a lot of fans do. For so many years I simply wasn't being served as a customer so while I miss the actors and the characters, I always go back to my mantra: these shows killed themselves and this is a perfect example of how.

As for my list:

1.) The refusal/inability to give Bianca a decent, long term relationship. Preferably one where she didn't have to help some confused woman discover her "real" feelings or had to compete with a man in some way.

2.) The children. AMC saddled every young woman on the show (and some of the old ones) with a passel of kids or doomed pregnancy. Kendall, Bianca, Madison, Krystal, Angie, Dixie...it was ludicrous..

3.) The destruction of Jack's family. We got to watch Greenlee practically lead her "father" around on a leash like he just won Westminster while Reggie got exiled to eternal basketball camp and Lily went off to M.I.T., a school whose colors are gray and red. They dumped the children that Jack CHOSE to bring into his life so that he would always be focused solely on the selfish, needy, plot point brat that was foisted upon him and us.

4.) Damon. Not the character (who I didn't mind) or the actor (who I think is very talented) but the pointless retconning done in order to create him. Making him Hilary's kid was ridiculous enough but writing her as some thoughtless, withholding Stepford shrew and then not bringing the character back for at least a short-term visit so we could see it for ourselves was just creative malpractice. Tad had enough biokids. He didn't need another. They could've still added Damon to the canvas and made him a part of the extended Martin family without pissing all over history.

5.) The Fryes. What AMC did to/with that family was criminal. Every single member of that family was disrespected/eviscerated before being dumped entirely. Derek was made impotent. Mimi became a lousy mother all for the sake of her new man (see also: Hilary). Dani fell victim to the Satin Slayer then got shipped off and never mentioned again . Livia was reduced to a dayplayer then disappeared entirely and Tom Cudahy with her. Jamal...I can't even begin to address the hot mess of that character.

• Members

I'm gonna have to say "BRAVO"!!!!! I gave up AMC long before it went off the air because it was just not watchable. The RyKendallee hour was for the dogs. The least interesting trio I've ever seen at the center of a show. Mediocre acting at it's finest! I didn't even watch the finale.

• Members

These two--Hell they even put Livia back on contract around 2004 and then still gave her nothing and had her disappear.

As for Damon--wouldn't it have been a touching story if Tad had adopted a kid who wasn't his own because he remembered how much grateful he was for his own adoption.

Archived