Good Afternoon America: Discussion Thread

Max

• Members

Though I can't find any on YouTube, ABC has already started airing promos for Good Afternoon America. Here is an article about the new show:

http://nymag.com/dai...on-america.html

Of course, I don't want to make a final judgment on the program until I see it. However, based upon the promos, it seems like a totally unnecessary television show. I've certainly never been a fan of Lara Spencer (because she comes across as phony).

It's obvious that ABC--following the lead set by NBC--is trying to milk GMA for all its worth. But, as others have noted, the rapport that Kathie Lee and Hoda have will be hard for Josh and Lara to duplicate. I do suspect, though, that GAA will pull in decent ratings. It's very telling that ABC refuses to make a statement regarding GH's fall time-slot.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am honestly not very familiar with Josh Elliott, but am interested in finding out more about his career.

Aside from GAA, does anybody know if there has there ever been a daytime television show that started out on a temporary basis (or, more specifically, one that a network publicly announced would be temporary)?

• Members

Josh Elliott came from ESPN same as Robin Roberts and he was very popular there.he's very energetic yet comes across very relaxed and oddly relatable on screen. Lara is an entertainment reporter who's to me fresh and bubbly and fun. I will say her kind of appeal IMO can wear out very quickly though. I don't find either of them pompous which is a big issue with the Today hosts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

No time is being wasted on GMA in promoting GAA. This is somewhat perplexing, because (since I last posted) GH's new fall time slot has been announced.

I am really not impressed with the clips of the show that I have viewed thus far. (I am also very confused, as I thought GAA was going to be a live program.) It just seems like GAA will be an hour of TMZ garbage, with an annoying audience thrown in. As boring as it was, The Revolution was a big improvement (at least when compared to the GAA promos), but its combination of corny and clinical (as SFK aptly observed) doomed it to failure.

• Members

I wouldn't say it bombed. It had a soft start, but if this is bombing so are days and GH

I wasn't keen on the show but I don't like these pop culture shows. It reminded me of TMZ. But I do think it has an advantage over the others. Josh and Lara do work well together.

Were folks really expecting GMA numbers?

Archived