GH: A Return Visit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess these OLTL transplants are making some people happy. You know ABC conducted their precious focus group research before any of this transpired. They probably learned that most viewers who watched OLTL also probably watch GH (a no-brainer), and that the Mannings were extremely popular. The Easton transplant is a mind-boggler, but I guess he was seen as popular too. Ratings aren't exactly on fire, but I think the move was done to stop the bleeding at GH...and ratings seem to have stabilized. So Ron/Frank have to be deemed a success on that level. My problem with the show is that the day to day writing/scriptwriting, which IMO was always GH's saving grace, is just abominable. Everything is written as a campy joke, and some of the actors look more than a little uncomfortable with the atrocious dialogue. Did Ron bring his OLTL writers with him, or are is he still using Guza's writing team?

• Members

Personally, I'd like return visits from among GH's own legacy characters: Audrey Hardy, Lee Baldwin, Lesley Webber, Scotty Baldwin, etc. I have no problem with OLTL vets crossing over, to keep that show's memory alive, but I do miss the GH characters who made the show a success to begin with.

• Members

My other girl (Gabrielle being my main one, of course) is coming back! My Blatantly Blairian Blair. And no, I don't care how strange that sounds. I love her so. wub.png

Of course, with my moving/job starting soon, I may be catching up on YouTube at a snail's pace, but if it's possible, I'll watch when I can. smile.png

Kassie's shooting her new movie now. I wonder if it'll interfere with her GH stint or not?

Archived