DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched about 10 episodes of Days yesterday to get me caught up.

Lexies death was very sad and convincing. Say what you will about Kristen Alfonso but I totally believed her portrayal when she went out to Abe in the garden, just as I loved her portrayal a few weeks back when her and Lexie were discussing Lexie's illness. Give her more scenes like this and less Princess Gina crap.

I have loved the murder mystery also. Lisa Rinna needs to be more involved as I am truly loving Billie's scenes.

Will's attitude about not wanting to let his Grandpa know about being in a gay bar was somewhat believable but we were talking murder charges. And he was just in a bar, not in a sling at a bathhouse dressed as little bo peep.

If Chad and Gabi are in a scene alone, it's like there is a sign on the screen saying "fast forward". How did the actress playing Melanie suddenly become the watchable one.

Jack & Jennifer are still my favourites and I could watch them do anything.

I predict the Kayla and Abe in the future.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Aww....Lexie. :( I really liked her last scenes with Abe and then ghost-Lexie with Theo. I hope we'll see flashbacks, maybe during the funeral.

Good thing Will is finally cleared from the murder investigation - now I hope the focus will shift on Marlena, like it should be.

Yeah, Kristian can still be very good when she plays these emotional scenes.

• Members

Will to Marlena: "I wouldn't be me, without you" wub.png

It's lines like that, that just make me smile.

I actually think everyone being so accepting of Will is so refeshing, the way John embraced him and said he was proud of him for "owning his truth" made me get all teary eyed. And John's "You're out, you're open, and I'm proud" was adorable.

• Members

I think this is the worst "Whodunit" DAYS has ever done. The set up, the motives, the confrontations and the investigation have all been bad. But it shouldn't be since the victim is STEFANO DIMERA!

I doubt we will get any real flashbacks. These last couple of years they only do 30 seconds montage with short scenes edited together with no dialogue. Real and long flashbacks with dialogue and no music is very rare these days, unfortunately.

• Members

But Sami really didn't at the end of the day. Her reaction was more about why she wasn't the first to know more than anything else.

Frankly this idea that no one would have any kind of adverse reaction is boring and stupid. And it doesn't even have to be about being anti gay. Heck why didn't Gabi his ex girlfriend he pushed away get a reaction other than be his cheerleader. Shouldn't she be hurt.And if she was hurt, shouldn't Rafe be pissed at Will for allegedly hurting her. I'm not saying Will would have hurt her intentionally but being hurt and perhaps Gabi feeling used would have been a very human reaction.

All I can remember is Biancas coming out and how Erica reacted not because she hated the idea of being gay or was against it but because she saw Bianca as the next Erica Kane, someone she was shaping in her image.

• Members

The main problem with anyone having a bad reaction to Will coming out is that he's already spent months whining, weeping, shrieking, and making stupid drunk faces, for no apparent reason. If anyone did care, then what would his reaction be? More of the same. They should just say they're fine with it so he can get away from them and go back to smirking at EJ.

• Members

Oh IA it's too late at this point. but shouldn't his girlfriend, his best friend also have gotten a reaction. I don't even get at this point why EJ is involved or was involved. Wills not going to crush on him and EJ hasn't really used this information as leverage for anything villainous and we know they aren't going to hook them up or have EJ seduce Will so what's the point. There isn't one other than for people to say how cool it is that Will hangs out with him.

• Members

EJ is the type of character who has enough of a following that all he really needs to do is talk in that accent and throw out some one-liners and the person next to him is meaningless. Will is basically just an asexual version of Sami, Nicole, or Taylor. All he needs to do is stand there and pout, and they will have a following. Based on Massey's work, maybe that is what they should stick to, and stop giving him dramatic material.

I remember all that shrieking from Will about Rafe and how Rafe was the ideal father and how could Sami betray him. It's extremely bad writing to not have Rafe react to what Will did to Gabi, or to have Will be hesitant about Rafe knowing. They used the Will/Rafe relationship for a cheap plot point and then dumped it immediately.

• Members

Well I can't even watch EJ and Will anymore. Their scenes are like Will and Samis and Will and Marlenas became repetitiive. It's like groundhog day.

Lexies death scenes were kind of soap cliched and corny but the players all made it work. Renee jones, James Reynolds were really good and I love Peter Reckell and what he brings. Bo and ABes scenes were terrific. I even enjoyed Hope which is not a norm for me.

Archived