GH Gold Medal Moments Viewer's Choice

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Edward faking a heart attack when Tracy withheld his medication. Luke coming back from the dead and finding Holly had married Robert. Duke "dying" in an explosion only to find out later he went into the witness protection plan. Alan trying to kill Monica and Rick. I could go on, but you get the point.

• Members

I didn't even know I still got SoapNet (I've had no reason to watch it since most cable companies dropped it, so I just assumed that mine did, too) but I read about this episode and the possibility that BJ/Maxie would win and I was so glad to discover that I do! Just lovely. In addition to some of the most beautifully written scenes in daytime history, it was like a time capsule of how soaps at their best were once structured. While Bobbie/Tony/BJ/Maxie/Felicia's story was reaching a climax that was many months in the making, there were Ned and Lois, happy (and adorable together) but having clearly reached a point in their relationship where he couldn't extricate himself from the lies he had told her in the beginning - which I knew in hindsight but could have inferred just from these scenes would all blow up in his face eventually. And you had the seeds being planted (no pun intended) for another historic story...if memory serves, Laura found the body of Mary Mae's (and Edward's) son while she was planting that garden.

IMO, GH at this time was closer to perfection than any soap has gotten since, or arguably before. It's an utter shame that nobody in charge in daytime has the patience to pull off anything like that now.

Archived