OMG - FEARS/PHOBIAS

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Y'ALL. I'm over here (seriously) having a panic attack because I just saw a tarantula on TV. I have the BIGGEST FEAR OF SPIDERS. THE BIGGEST. EVER. I JUST CANNOT DEAL WITH THEM IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM!

WHAT ARE YOUR FEARS (IF ANY?!)

*SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I CANT CONTROL IT AT THIS POINT*

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Clowns. Clowns. Clowns.

I'm a big time coulrophibic. I blame the movie IT, which I saw at age 8. To this day, I cannot go to a circus or a carnival. The last time I went to one, a clown snuck up behind me and scared me so bad that I screamed like a girl and ran a mile in the opposite direction. Naturally, my friends laughed their asses off.

• Members

I second clowns- I can't deal with them

I also have a fear of dogs (even though people always want to tell me how irrational it is). When I was three, I gotten bitten on the face really close to my eye by my nanny's dog and they had to give me stitches that went from the corner of eye almost to my ear (I still have a scar you can see if you get close enough). Like six months later, I'm outside at my aunt's house and her neighbour's huge dog gets loose and runs onto my aunt's lawn where I am. I start screaming hysterically and try to run away and the dog- I guess thinking I want to play- chases after me and knocks me over face first on the driveway and the dog is like standing over me licking me. My family comes outside and they have to literally pick the dog off me and I've got a gash all down my face, a cut on my arm that I had to get stitches for, and a busted lip. I was so hysterical they had to give me a sedative and keep me in hospital for two days till I calmed down. These are are literally two of my earliest memories and ever since then, I can't deal with dogs. I actively go out of my way to avoid them at all costs.

• Members

Heights.

Always disliked them but able to handle to some degree in closed environments. But when I had a full on panic attack in the middle of a concert in 2005, while up on a mezzanine, I knew it had gotten worse. Couple it with wide open space and it gets worse, like I won't go out on the open deck of a ship. My co-worker and I have the opposite phobias--she fears enclosed places, must have aisle seating, being stuck in a train in the tunnel would be her worst nightmare. Me...I don't like aisle seating, travelling over bridges, being in the middle of a large body of water, my worst nightmare would be that tram accident we had in NYC some years back where the 2 cars were just suspended up in the air for hours.

• Members

SNAKES. I literally have the BIGGEST fear of snakes that sometimes I actually have nightmares about them, as a grown ass man. And when I get the nightmares I wake up in the middle of the night, have to take a cold shower and then strip the bed down and remake it to make sure there are no snakes in it.

It's crazy.

I also have a fear of unsecured heights. I'm fine with airplanes, roller coasters (love 'em!), etc. but if you put me on a platform or balcony or ANYTHING up high that doesn't have a railing or enclosure, I'm DONE.

• Members

Speaking in front of a crowd...which I have done before....the whole room was filled....I was sweating bullets....lol

Airplanes....getting on one...never have

Elevators...although I do take them but do fear them

I use to have a fear phobia of mascots...meaning people dressed in a animal/disney character..etc....but not anymore since i have done it before...lol

• Members

I realize they are completely harmless... but these things STILL totally creep me out:

And one day when I got out of my truck, I looked down and saw a GIANT wolf spider about 3 inches across right on the door panel next to where my leg was. I got the shovel out of the back and smacked it!

Archived