Jennifer Lopez - The Most Powerful Celebrity in the World

Cheap21

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. She's been able to ride a wave of publicity thanks to her divorce from Marc Anthony, her gig on American idol and some commercial endorsements, this is the swan song of Jennifer Lopez's career. She's 43 this year...is she really going to be shaking her ass and being relevant after 50? I don't think so.

• Members

Definitely, don't get me wrong, I love Raquel Welch, but she had her day in the sun and then her star dimmed and she reinvented into something more niche...JLo won't even be able to do that. She'll be super rich, it won't matter...but to say that she's at all powerful is such a pile of crap, these lists are getting more and more PR driven.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Cheap is stanning HARD for J.Lo! :lol:

I think First Love has a whiff of old, classic Jennifer Lopez and I like it a lot. I haven't listened to the album yet but it's been a long time since a J.Lo album really satisfied me.

As for that article, what complete and utter nonsense. JLo is, at best, running on fumes. If she only hadn't released several crap albums in a row (starting with her fourth) things might have been different now. What she needs is to go back to making REAL, unquestionable hits.

• Members

J.Lo's only really had one fluke hit single in the past 10 years (On The Floor). Make no mistake, she is a glorified hasbeen, which is why she's using American Idol for money, similar to what Paul Abdul did after her commercial pop career was over.

J.Lo's move career is also over. At this point, she is only really famous for being herself, not her output. Her career is not and nowhere in the same range it was from 1999-2004.

The one thing I can give her though is that she looks great, and doesn't look 44 at all.

Archived