Revolution: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

“Revolution” — Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why? Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down lanterns and candles are lit. Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it? On the fringes of small farming communities, danger lurks. And a young woman’s life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously – and unbeknownst to her – had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future. From director Jon Favreau (“Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2”) and the fertile imaginations of J.J. Abrams (“Lost,” “Person of Interest”) and Eric Kripke (“Supernatural”), comes a surprising “what if” action-adventure series, where an unlikely hero will lead the world out of the dark. Literally. The series stars Billy Burke (“The Twilight Saga”), Tracy Spiridakos (“Being Human”), Anna Lise Phillips (“Terra Nova”), Zak Orth (“Romeo + Juliet“), Graham Rogers (“Memphis Beat”), J.D. Pardo (“A Cinderella Story”), Giancarlo Esposito (“Breaking Bad”), David Lyons (“The Cape”), Maria Howell (“The Blind Side”), Tim Guinee (“Iron Man”) and Andrea Roth (“Rescue Me”). Kripke, Abrams, Favreau and Bryan Burk (“Lost,” “Star Trek”) serve as executive producers. “Revolution” is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was directed by Favreau.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I just finished watching and I already like the show. I'm still hella confused on a lot but I'll be tuning in to see ep. 2. I like the lead Tracy and Billy Burke --- they work well opposite one another and I am so jazzed that Daniella Alonso was added to the cast granted I don't recall which episode she'll first debut.

The pilot is now on On Demand and online as well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I liked it. I thought the premise was interesting and intriguing. I thought the cast was good: Giancarlo Esposito (Gus from Breaking Bad) is awesome, Billy Burke is a good lead, David Lyons should be good as a villain, Tracy Spiridakos is hot and seems like a capable actress. The cliffhanger was great too. I wonder if the other person on the end of the computer chat was the "dead" wife/mother (Elizabeth Mitchell's character).

I've never watched Supernatural but I know fans of the show really liked Eric Kripke when he was the showrunner for the first 5 seasons.

Archived