AMC: Confirmed

• Members

It is because she is not well. Is that why her influence with the show has slid? Because like I said, she was the one who wrote T&D's miscarriage in 1999 while the show was in transition between McTavish and Passante.

It's as bad as Days taking a still born baby and turning it into a 18 year old heartless !@#$%^&*] who killed her brother.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. But Days being Days I tend to cut it more slack. It's what I expect from the show.

That's the damn problem. Why can't a daytime soap remain socially relevant instead of them all turning into clones of each other with outrageous plot twists?

• Members

the problem is the same writers have been causing a stink on all these shows for years. They never hire new blood, they just keep getting hacks like Jack Smith and McTrash to dish out the most uninspired tripe and it goes unnoticed because daytime is like a bastard child locked in the attic when it comes to television. Nobody pays attention to it.

Look at the amazing revamp ATWT had when Hogan Sheffer joined, he was a complete outsider - you can tell they havent even taken note of what new blood can do to invigorate a show. AMC can still be saved by a talented headwriter, they just have to start LOOKING FOR ONE, maybe get graduates with literature/theatre/writing degrees to submit material? Or playwrights>? There are a lot of writing geniuses out there who could totally thrive if they got a gig like a daytime soap.

Claire Labine's glorious reign at GH in the mid 90s was definatly the socially relevant show you idealise James F. See if you can acquire edits of her storylines.

• Members

If this is true susan lucci needs to put her foot down, they are ruining her soap legacy. This is beyond stupid, the stolen egg theory would be more believable. I can't believe amc would do this, BURN MCCRAP AT THE STAKE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When has any of her stunts worked???? :lol:

• Members

How can you possibly justify this abhorrent twist?!! You call yourself a fan? I know you love the show come hell or highwater but please, try and see that this is NOT the AMC we cherish. Its campy without being convincing, its cringeworthy, it shitting upon somebody else's hard work and its a PATHETIC ratings stunt.

How can you stand by McTrash after this?

• Members

Well, her stunts worked in the early '90s. I'm not sure if you watched back then.

The Natalie/Janet story made the ratings shoot up, and then the Tad/Ted Orsini story made them rise even more. That's when AMC had an 8.7 rating.

93rate.jpg

• Members

I have always been curious about Claire Labine's period at GH. The only period I've watched for any length of time is the current Pruza bonanza which speaks for itself. ;)

The thing is, I can accept the likes of Days and Passions. I still think they are shabbily executed and need serious tightening up but there's room for fantasy and different kinds of storytelling. I enjoy well done trash as much as the next person.

But with some of the writers and shows (I'm not going to generalise over all), the content is worse than [!@#$%^&*]. It's [!@#$%^&*] with perfume sprayed on it to make it seem nicer than it actually is. In essence, rotten cores with a few passable moments.

And please no AMC fans be offended. The abortion story is merely a start off point for me to rant lol.

• Members

This isn't a stunt. This is a disrespectful rewrite of one of the biggest things AMC's history.

It doesn't even compare to Tad/Ted and Janet/Natalie. Yeah those were stunts but did they really require rewrites? And even if they did, they were probably on a smaller scale.

This Josh/Erica/Greg story is a MONSTER size rewrite.

In fact, this has to take the cake and be the biggest rewrite in daytime history. Unless someone can name a rewrite bigger than this that I am not aware of.

Archived