AMC: Confirmed

• Members

Oh boy, this is awful.

Why must soap writers today come along and undo all the history of a show simply to further their own ego and agenda? Some things should just stay as they are. And I'm talking about all soaps.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. Well, I guess it goes along with cutting the evil out of someone by eliminating the tumor.

And you could say, just for fun, that it's a whole new kind of legendary storyline. It was the first major abortion story, now it's (possibly) the first embryo transplant storyline. Which, to be honest, I didn't know was medically possible (I know they can implant embryos when fertilized outside the womb, just didn't know they could take one out and swap it). So, y'know, I'm learning from the television, too.

I'm just kidding around. They really could have found something else to do with Erica besides long-lost unknown child. It's not too late for them to undo this, though. Get all the drama they need from it and then throw in a twist, sorta like they did with Di.

• Members

As I stated in a post before this just stinks. I am not happy about it at all. I have loved AMC for years, but have been really disappointed with it for about 6 months or so. This is just a really rotten straw added to that. I too doubt that Agnes Nixon has any influence on the show and it is clearly seen here as I don't feel that she would have let this happen.

I know that some are happy about it in that we are getting another Martin and a tie to history. I could get excited about it if there was a writer who wrote for the Martins, but McTavish never does and never has.

• Members

Well, no soap will probably be as good as it was 20 or 30 years ago. But I'm thinking this -- if it's so easy for McT to change history, it would also be easy for a new writer to undo her changes. Let's say McT is fired, a new writer comes in and says Josh isn't Erica's kid after all -- Dr. Madden (in his crazed obsession with La Kane) tampers with DNA, making it look like his son Josh is the child Erica supposedly aborted. He did this all to make a link between himself and Erica (he raised Josh and he's Erica biological child).

I hope that's what will happen after McT leaves.

• Members

Someone mentioned starting a campiagn. We've been campaign against this disgusting, vile storyline for almost week now, at another board, and I thought since so many people feel the same way here, that I would make sure everyone knows where and who to write.

I acutally have a list of email and snail mail contact addresses for a number of pro-choice groups, if anyone is interested, you can email me through my profile. Or if I'm allowed, I can post if here you'd like.

We can change this, or at the very least, make some heads roll, possible cost a few jobs. This is the lowest AMC has ever sunk, and I won't stand for it.

TBTB Email:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

(Frons' boss, if we want to change this we have to go over his head)

TPTB Snail Mail:

Anne Sweeney, Co-Chair

Disney Media Networks Division

500 S. Buena Vista St.

Burbank, CA 91521

Brian Frons

President, ABC Daytime

2300 Riverside Drive

Burbank, CA 91506

Julie Carruthers

Executive Producer

"All My Children"

77 West 66th Street

New York, NY 10023

Megan McTavish

Head Writer

"All My Children"

320 West 66th Street

New York, NY 10023

Susan Lucci

c/o AMC ABC TV

77 W. 66th Street

NY NY 10023

Comment lines:

ABC: 818-460-7477

Then press 4 to leave a message

ABC Daytime Feedback Line (212) 456-1000

ABC Producers (818) 560-1000

Mags Snail mail:

Soaps In Depth

c/o SPEAK OUT!

270 Sylvan Avenue

Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Soap Opera Digest

261 Madison Avenue

New York, NY 10016

Soap Opera Weekly

261 Madison Avenue

New York, NY 10016

Email:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Members

You're welcome! :) If you know anyone who is outraged by this and wants to write, please don't hesitate to pass on the contact info. The more noise we make, and the sooner we make it, the better.

We started the really active campiagning at SoapCentral's AMC board, but basically there's a lot of pissed off people at just about any General AMC board you can find, so I've been posting there lately.lol :)

Archived